COMANCHE- CHEROKEE DOORS

In Virginia, the inspection code does not address this question. What it does say is you have to have one interior mirror, and at least a drivers side mirror. I drove my truck on the street on and off for a month or so, and never got pulled over. I did however get followed by an officer or two, no doubt they were running my registartion and the what not. Since then I have decided to make my rig an Offroad vehicle only cause I was getting tired of the cop staring game. I also had to raise my wieght class on my vehicle to remain legal as far as bumper hieght goes. So my MJ is a 3/4 ton on the registration :shock: :twisted:

Patrick

In Virginia, the inspection code does not address this question.

Patrick

Hell, apparently it's legal to drive without a HOOD in Va....I've seen no less than 10 vehicles tooling down the road sans hood :shock:

But I do like VA for the fact that my MJ is registered as a passenger vehicle, not a truck (like PA made me do and pay 30 extra bucks for a plate sticker).

Patrick, do you actually drive your MJ on the road? :D

Jeff

Up till the last trail ride I went on.. Yes I did drive my rig on the road :shock: :twisted: It is great to watch ppl get out of my way, cause they know I care about body damage :wink:

If your MJ is registered as a passenger car, and it is lifted, they can give you a ticket. I am not saying that they will,but the bumper height laws are different for passenger vehicles.

As for the hood thing... Yes it is perfestly legal not to have a hood on your vehicle. :shock:

Patrick

Where Ilive if the Officer doesn't see any mirrorsa, he can and will pull you over and right you a "Defective equipment" ticket which cost $109 after court costs :shock: This is the same ticket they issues after you prove your speedo is off. or shall I say the judge reduces your speeding ticket to that. It doesnt carry any license points so I guess it is better