08-09 Escape opinions

Pete M

friend of mine is leaning towards an 08 Escape. anyone have one? or should I say, anyone willing to admit they have one? or maybe your second cousin's neighbor's former roommate has one? While I work on convincing her to get an 07 Liberty instead, I still need to have a backup plan and suddenly become knowledgeable about the escape.

Lol, my wife had one the first year they came out, I believe it was 2002, and man that thing was a gas hog. Other than that though it was pretty nice. My mother in law has one, I believe an 07, that she bought brand and that thing does better on gas than the wife's old one. It is pretty nice and I know she hasn't had any issues with it at all, I hate to say.

In conclusion, I would use the gas milage downer to sway her toward a Lib. :yes:

Two of my friends have them, but I haven't the slightest idea on what year they are. I've ridden in them maybe half a dozen times and I always thought it seemed like a cheap econobox SUV. It also didn't feel very solid to me when we were traveling on bumpy roads. None of the vehicles I own are luxurious in any sense of the word, but I felt like the Escape really cheap'ed out on the interior. A co-worker of mine has a '03 or '04 Liberty Limited, which surprised me how nice it was on the inside. I don't make that much fun of Libby's anymore :D

Besides being a Chry Jeep Dodge dealer, we are also a Mazda dealer, of which I am recently certified.... anyways, the Mazda version of the Escape is the Tribute. We have several that come through the dealer on a regular basis, and I havent noticed any major issues with them. 99% of them are 3.0 V6 autos, and yeah the interior seems cheapy, but if I had to take one and rely on it I would.

Besides being a Chry Jeep Dodge dealer, we are also a Mazda dealer, of which I am recently certified.... anyways, the Mazda version of the Escape is the Tribute. We have several that come through the dealer on a regular basis, and I havent noticed any major issues with them. 99% of them are 3.0 V6 autos, and yeah the interior seems cheapy, but if I had to take one and rely on it I would.

Yep, back when I worked at Ford, I really liked them. The 3.0 has a good amount of "pep", and its built pretty good. Never really had much problems with them other than the normal wear and tear items. I would buy one in a heartbeat if the price was good enough.

Of course, I would buy most anything if the price is good enough.

Rob L. :dunno:

CRD

yeah. I wish. :yes:

Pete, you want to change the mind of a woman!?!?!?!?!? :shake:

Might be easier to get her a husband and stick him with the problem. ;)

not "change" per se, but more of sway the decision making process to a vehicle I'm already familiar with (since I'll likely be the mechanic).

They are good for their intended use. IE Soft roader, Grocery Getter.... My company allows us to choose the Escape or the Liberty for a company vehicle. I have a KK of course.

The Escape is loosely based on the old Mazda 626 car platform. The basic design is over a decade old...

The Escape is going to be completely redesigned for 2012 if that matters to her.

IMO <07 Liberty vs. 08 Escape, I would choose the Escape, now 08+ Libby vs Escape, Libby all the way.