need a sound clip

its a toss up betwixt the flowmaster 40 series, (which I'm thinking the super? I'm not sure, maybe just the origional 40. but ive heard the super is quieter inside and i have no carpet.) and glasspacks

so does anyone have a video or soundclip of their 4.0 with either glasspacks or a 40 series. found a couple flowmaster videos on google and stuff but none with glasspacks.

help me out please.

-nick

(lots of muffler stuff lately huh?)

I might get you one of mine. I had it running on thursday, just to prove to myself that it still did. But I'll burn in the tranny mount and wire my fans, and then let it run for a while.

Only problem is that it's gonna make the ceiling of the garage black. Who the f's thought stuccoing it was a good diea anyways?

I have a glass pack on my MJ and a DYNOMAX ULTRA on my TJ. Both are 4.0's, the TJ has a Banks torque tube header and a free flow cat. The MJ has a free flow cat but the factory exhaust manafold.

I'll try to remmeber to get clips of both for you later today.

CW

I have a Magnaflo on my Rubicon and it sounds pretty good. I'm going to have the same muffler put on my comanche when I redo the exhaust system. I had a flow master 40 series on my Dakota. It had a nice rumble but it also was a V8. :D

i have the flowmaster 40 and it sounds nice. has a deep low idle to it and sounds nice when you give it gas. it is not too loud either. i have had much louder. my 88 had one glasspack on it and it sounded nice i thought. and my 86 had 2 glasspacks on it but that was overkill with that engine because it would backfire sometimes.

Alex

you've got one pretty driveshaft!

(ooh and keyless entry that BEEPS!)

thanks for the videos all,

still lookin for someone with a flowmaster!

i think so far i like CWs MJ the best. but the TJ came in close second.

we'll have to see what the flows sound like.

Would it sound that good without the header?

Do they make a header to fit an 88 4.0L?

yeah, i would appreciate it if i could get one with a stock header if you don't mind alex.

-nick

actually thats the same one ive found before but its a highly modified cherokee. (seen it on cardomain)

• 2 weeks later...
ok no problem. i won't be able to do it til weds since i am going to be out of town tuesday.

Alex

Did you have a chance to get a sound clip yet?

yes i did. just got my new laptop and have been trying to get it up and running. will try and post it in the next day or two.

Alex

sry for the delay guys, my new laptop has a different version of windows on it then i had on my old laptop so i am having to hunt down drivers for my card readers and stuff. seems xp drivers don't work for media center. you got me on that one.

Alex

well you are all going to hate me now. but i can't get the clips off my palm and onto the pc so i can't post em up. sorry guys. i will ask around and see if i can get something else off someone to record with but i don't know of anything anyone has. sorry all.

Alex

Here is a clip of an 18" Magnaflow on my 2005 Rubicon. I think I have changed my mind and will be putting the flowmaster on my comanche! :wrench:

is that a expertoffroad sticker on your rear bumper there bud???

i live in garland and know everyone up there at expert.. get tha hook ups! haha