'74(ish) VW Dune Buggy Build

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

planning an upstairs or attic storage area?

this is shaping up to be quite similar to my dad's barn.  Should suit you well. :L:  (although I'd prefer a full-width car door to the small one and a man door.)  the upstairs storage is awesome!

this pic is from just before they bought the property.  the green is long since gone. :D 

319047964.jpg

What I've got in my head is pretty much this but bigger and with the lean to on the other side...

2.JPG.da7516df2b42d2e5dd23b048be19f5d7.JPG

My brother put together a print for me that shows an overall height of 18'. I think it keeps a better proportion and the city requires me to have the structure match the house. The shed will be 26' deep with an 8' ceiling/loft over the back 8-10'. I'll be able to stand up in the middle of the loft and I'd like to be able to use it as somewhat of an office space. Storage will be in the form of a shelf higher up along one of the 26' walls.

I've put a lot of thought into this shop and I've accepted the fact that it's not going to be 30'x40' shop of my dreams. That's okay. Living in a small house for the last year and downsizing for the better part of five years has put things into perspective for me. I'm happy in my little house and I'm happy with living within my means. It'll be roughly the same size as my last shop and I'm proud of the projects that came out of there. As much as I was never quite happy with my last place I'd be tickled pink to have it back. Soon... hopefully.

Anyhow... as for the dune buggy in which this thread used to be based on :laugh:... it got a canvas tarp over the top of the blue one today.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...