Post Pics?

Jomanche

What is the easiest way to post pics on the site? Isn't there a way in this day and age to just copy and paste where we want them to go in the text box of the message?

Thanks.... I've been wanting to post pics of the new ride but havn't been able to do so.

1988 4.0 4x4....

• 1 month later...

this posting pics thing is for the birds. i have plenty of good pics to post but i don't use that web service. it should be as simple as cutting and pasting the pic into the text area, so surely someone has to have an easier way to post pics of our rides.

It's really not that difficult and it's FREE. Instead of just giving up on it, give it a shot - you'll be surprised how seamless it can be. If you can spend the time to learn forum code as you so gallantly attempted to do in your signature, you can learn to upload a photo and copy/paste a web address in a post.

This Bulletin board/Forum is a free service as well. Pete would have to pay in order to get a forum package that would allow pic pasting like you want, and since this is a free forum to join, there is no money to get the upgrade needed to change it. I myself like this forum the way it is, simple and easy. If its too much work to load to photobucket then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not trying to be an azz here, just stating the facts. Its really not that hard once you get used to it. It is harder for me to load pics on my laptop in the first place then it is to load them to photobucket.

This Bulletin board/Forum is a free service as well. Pete would have to pay in order to get a forum package that would allow pic pasting like you want, and since this is a free forum to join, there is no money to get the upgrade needed to change it. I myself like this forum the way it is, simple and easy.

Not only is it simple and easy, but it saves a TON of bandwidth. I've hosted forums where images could be attached and uploaded to the forum server. Yea, it was a nice, convenient way of doing things, but after about a year of this, the site got incredibly slow - so slow it was unusable. The solution was to purchase an expensive server upgrade package, which I was in no position to do and the only donations I was receiving for the site went straight to the domain name registration.

Yeah... bandwidth is EXPENSIVE! Learned that real quick once upon a time :ack:

FYI, I find imageshack a lot easier to use than photobucket, and if you don't want to you don't have to sign up for an account to use that one. Just tell it what image to use, click upload, copy the forum thumbnail text (click in the box, it'll select it for you, just hit ctrl-c) then paste it in here and delete the "uploaded with imageshack" bit they append to the code now.

x2 on the bandwidth. as we sit now, we can get away with a reasonably cheap annual hosting fee. and as stated, the forum software we use is a freeware program.

I use picturetrail.com for my photos. :thumbsup:

also, I don't bother with any of those fancy schmancy pre-made addresses the photo sites provide. I click on the photo till it's the size I want to see on the forums, then right click and choose "copy image location". I paste that here, highlight it, then click on the IMG tag so it looks like this: (I added a couple spaces so you can see the text rather than the photo):

Image Not Found