Advice on rims.

Kenosha Warrior

I remeber being in high school and prioritizing (sp?) my jeep mods. The mentallity back then was "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" (it goes hand in hand with not having alot of money). However the reality of it was that the 'jeep bug' had bitten me hard and there was no turning back. I then ended up spending my hard earned cash on mods that were more of a necessity to wheeling (recovery gear, safety equipment, spares, tools, etc). I guess there really isn't much bling factor in this stuff (especially compared to rims), but I was a happy camper when my first tow strap and d-ring arrived at my door. And I've also heard once or twice that "chrome don't get you home". :mad:

To answer your question specifically, I don't know if that's a good deal. I know you can get plain ole black steelies these days for $30 (you do the math ;) ) a pop and their brand new (plus IMHO they look alot cooler than 'rims' - reguardless of tire/lift combination) But then again, I know there are several of you out there who value nice looking, chromed out, spot-n-dent less jeeps. :nuts:

Just not my cup of tea i guess. :redX:

First things first - there ain't no such thing as rims anymore. What you are looking at is a set of turbine wheels.

If its just wheels I'd offer $100 and see if he bites. Good condition turbines are worth an easy $125. I can sell my beat ones for $100 today. As the price of scrap contiues to rise I'd snatch things like that as I see them or you will pay more in the future. But SouthLake is right - being in school you really should keep with the "Ain't Broke" mentality.

around here turbines go for 30 each. 25 if you are lucky. if you have the 125 offer him 100 and see if he bites. if not buy em if u can spare it and sell ur old ones or use them for off-road tires. u can always resell turbines to the right person for a good price.

Alex

i LOVE my turbines... and would definately bite on that. (I'm a high school student with part time job and 250 bucks left to pay on his truck :hmm: )

but weren't you having issues with the actual running of the truck?

i seem to remember some mechanical problem? or am i :chillin:

only thing about investing in the turbines is that they can't run bigger tires without spacers. (235/75r15s rub with mine)

Its heading for the safety Monday, along with the 'haust sniff test.

Runs like a dream after new plugs, wires and a oil change. Fresh battery helped too. Ive got the original steelies on it, and its not seeing any larger tires, its a 2wd and I'm an Eagle-follower. Mods are for XJ's, not MJ's :D

Ill give him a call and see if he'll take $100, I'm not in any acctual rush as he informed me that everybody hates them, being aluminum and all.

Oiz, $250 left to pay? What didja pay for it to begin with? In total to get mine roadworthy, etested and safetied, $1050, that includes the truck.