Head lights

So today i found a big hole in my head lights was pretty cool looking they still work, never did like them anyway so I'm going to replace them with something way better jest want to know if anyone has used the H4 conversion if so how are they and what is better than most things like that.

Exactly what did you not like about the silverstars?

My folks have the silverstars on their XJ. Good light output, but the pattern is a little messy.

I ran silverstars in my TJ then got the IPF H4 kit. It was another good improvement. The light pattern is great and has a clean cut off for on coming traffic. I already have the IPF kit for the MJ once it is done.

Exactly what did you not like about the silverstars?

My folks have the silverstars on their XJ. Good light output, but the pattern is a little messy.

I ran silverstars in my TJ then got the IPF H4 kit. It was another good improvement. The light pattern is great and has a clean cut off for on coming traffic. I already have the IPF kit for the MJ once it is done.

Well i have 55w fog lights on my bumper that seemed very much brighter than them.

The Auto Pals are alright, however, the light pattern is aimed directly down the road in my opinion without sufficient lighting to the sides of the road in either Hi or lo beam. If you can find some Hella light lens you should get a much better beam spread out in front & toward the sides of road. What ever you get make sure they are Euro code as it provides that flat beam cut off when on Lo beam to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. Especially if your running high wattage illegal bulbs on the road.

:agree: Autopals suck compared to Hellas - had both, like night and day. 'Course, the Hella E-codes cost more unfortunately. :( Here's an old post from yesteryear how I did mine. I'm sure costs have gone up since then as everything else has................

"Here's how I did mine w. costs. Got the Hella 200mm H4 e-code glass lamp shells from Susquehanna Motor Sports ($34/ea). Then picked up from eBay four IPF 80w/60w H4 bulbs ($10 w. shipping, but you can used any wattage H4 bulb you want) and wired in a universal APC 4-lamp wiring harness w. relays (much cheaper than the 2-lamp, just cut off the extra two H4 sockets, Ebay, $9 w. shipping) which fit my MJ perfectly. Then put in a separate fuse block mounted near the PDC on the right fender well and fused the high and low beams separately w. 20A fuses."

I have a cheapo H4 light conversion. I like the lite output. But it was nothing compared to the increase I got form the wiring upgrade!!! http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/ has an excellent writeup.

A few days ago I read a nice writeup in JP mag on all kinds of popular lites for jeeps. Some halogens, mostly H4 conversions including ALL mentioned here as well as many others not mentioned, like Delta and Rampage. Hella was head and shoulders better then setup costing twice as much!

if i where doing this over again, I would do the wire loom upgrade, then a Hella H4 lens followed with the excellent MTec bulbs.

CW

He's right, new wire & relays is the way to go. I installed 2 relays, 1 for Hi & 1 for Lo beams, with 12 Ga wire for the new looms. Fed V direct from alt when eng running. Used 18 ga from old headlight socket (used JY sockets for plug & play) to relays to activate the relays. No splices in the system to eliminate any volt lossage. Now I,m gonna dump the Auto Pals for Hella ecode lense's. Was gonna use them originally but because the Auto Pals were cheaper I went that route, a big mistake. Plan on trying the 35w 4300k Hi-Lo HID bulbs in a couple months. Just installed a HID kit on the wifes 09 Honda last week & what a difference.

I have the Autopal housings with an HID conversion. The lights are insanely bright, but the autopal housings could be better. They have a decent cutoff, but there are a few stray beams that get thrown rather high off to the left, which end up right in oncoming traffics eyes. The Hella ones are probably worth the extra $20.