guess what I did today:

Sir Sam

:clapping:

Clearly Sam has better junkyards than I. :(

Apparently, found another truck that had a Dana 60 in it, once again I was there too late. Come across a good number of trucks that had D60s in them, someone just beat me to them.

I've come across many 87's that have had the axle pulled already. Heck my buddy who goes with me grabbed 2 XJ D44's before decided that if I was the one driving, and I was helping him load them and transport them out of the junkyard, we better start splitting the profit.

Also, anyone know if ZJ D44 disk brakes will bolt on....or are they different?

Apparently the ZJ disks can be made to fit, but its WAY easier to use crown vic or exploder brakes (go figure) I wonder if the Lincoln Mark VII vented disks could be made to fit, they are also on a Ford 8.8. I may try to swap those onto my XJ D44 and do a write up, but I have already gone through the brakes on it, at a significant cost. Anyone price out XJ or MJ D44 drums lately? Parts stores are mighty proud of em, reason enough to switch to disks.

Apparently the ZJ disks can be made to fit, but its WAY easier to use crown vic or exploder brakes (go figure) I wonder if the Lincoln Mark VII vented disks could be made to fit, they are also on a Ford 8.8. I may try to swap those onto my XJ D44 and do a write up, but I have already gone through the brakes on it, at a significant cost. Anyone price out XJ or MJ D44 drums lately? Parts stores are mighty proud of em, reason enough to switch to disks.

Oh well, I've seen the exploder brake swaps. I was just hoping the ZJ were a bolt on. I was thinking that I could increase the value of this axle by putting some disks on it before I sold it.

;) D35 brakes fit just fine on them if you're on a budget.

So ZJ dana 35 disk brakes will boltup?

So ZJ dana 35 disk brakes will boltup?

No, the D35 drum setup will bolt onto the D44 (a fact I had wished I had known before shelling out $125 Per drum) As far as I know, there are no factory disk brake setups that will BOLT UP to an XJ/MJ D44, all are gonna require some work, the 8.8 disks probably being easiest

Ah ok.

I'm just reselling this axle for profit, I couldn't find the drum down there so thats gonna set me back a little on value. Since I can get brakes pretty cheap I was looking for something easy to increase the value.