Back, with new pics

beaterjeep

Ok, I finally got back to an internet connection, so I thought I'd stop by and say hi, and post some pics of my 88 and 86 together, since I finally got the 86 back. Even though it's not fixed yet, I'm still driving it, and finding that the more I drive it, the less the rear main leaks (yes, I have been checking the oil levels), anywho, on to the pics

Sorry for having so many, I kinda went pic happy from finally getting the 86 back.

Looks like you hit a deer or an old lady and then back over her a few times with the Bumper on the blue one. :teehee: But like the pics but sorry to here no fix for the 86 yet. Good Luck

Cole

Well close, more like the old lady wasn't watching for my blinker and clipped the right side of the bumper, the left side, I backed into a cement pole. Then a couple years ago, I decided to give her a flying lesson and catch about 6 feet of air under her, and kinda had a rough landing, so the bumper ended up the way it is now. As for the 86, like I mentioned, it seems to be fixing itself, if that's even possible.

HEY!! I KNOW THAT 86!! lol. hope its going well for ya. just be careful thinking that way on that rear main. i thought it was getting better there for awhile a few times, but it does that once in awhile. then all of a sudden, woosh you have no oil! so just keep on top of it til u get it fixed. speakin of which. i just remember you needed the info on how to do that. ill see if i can find it or you can just ask on here. jeff knew how to do it and i am sure some others do too.

Alex

PS - did ya ever get ur clear corner markers for that yet?

Yes, Alex, I did actually get the clears for it and have pics here in the pub as well. Just waiting to find/get a set of headlight bezels and a few cans of duplicolor gloss black to paint them, the grille, and the racerback. Dang this thing is gonna look nice when I'm done (hopefully). Just got my new apt. so, I'm broke as can be right now, and it's too cold to paint anything outside, so I might just leave the cap on it until spring and then try to sell it, (the cap, not the truck) and GIT-R-DONE.

EDIT: also, does anyone know why the 88 looks wider than the 86? Or am I just looking at the pics wrong?

your pic from the front is also not dead centered. it is centered on the 88 and not in the middle of the two. but yes it does look wider in the tire area.

and that 86 sure has gotten around now. its makin its way west. i got it from NJ and brought it to OH. now its in WI. where will it go next? lol.

Alex