Cherokee add-a-leaf

Well its not that I want a AAL if I had it my way I would have new springs made, do a spring over and be done jamminz.gif but since I have came across a cherokee in the local JY that has this lift on it and the truck itself has became more of a fun truck not like my other MJ that I am trying to do it up nice as a daily driver. This truck will be my step sons and mine project something for him to learn more on and not be as concerned as to how it turns out. I may end up doing a spring over anyway since the front should end up with about 4-6 inches of lift(assuming since its from a JY). :clapping:

Well its not that I want a AAL if I had it my way I would have new springs made, do a spring over and be done jamminz.gif but since I have came across a cherokee in the local JY that has this lift on it and the truck itself has became more of a fun truck not like my other MJ that I am trying to do it up nice as a daily driver. This truck will be my step sons and mine project something for him to learn more on and not be as concerned as to how it turns out. I may end up doing a spring over anyway since the front should end up with about 4-6 inches of lift(assuming since its from a JY). :clapping:

Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but undertaking a 6" lift just because you found one in a junkyard, when the goal is to be a "nice" daily driver, does not strike me as a good plan. My '88 MJ had a 4" lift when I bought it. I ran it that way for two or three years, then put it back down to stock height and I have been MUCH happier since. With the lift, it rode horribly, handled worse, was a PITA to get into and out of (and I'm 6'-2"). I was only running 31x10.50s so I didn't need the lift.

I respectfully suggest that you reexamine your priorities. As has been pointed out previously, both here and on other forums, just because something CAN be done doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Let me clarify a little better I have two MJs. The one I'm throwing a lift together for is just a truck to do lots of building experimenting on, thats why I am just throwing a lift together for it. The least amount of money the better. The daily driver is the one I will do the work on after messing with the beater. :thumbsup: