Two MJ's In Jax, FL

BookspanS

Dealership in the main part of town has two Comanches, one is the 2.5 I4 and the other is the GM 2.8 V6. They are trying to sell them for $8000 EACH! They do not even look road worthy let alone worth even $1000 in my opinion. Tires dry rotted to the point of the wire underneath is fully visible and rusted through. I saw the floorboards has some spots that were rusted through and other spots that looked like they were close. Anyone in the Jax area they are on Atlantic Blvd right before Carmax on the same side of the road.

Slaes person even said they weren't in the best shape but they were asking so much because they were collector antique vehicles

I know its sad, and they may be rare, but they are not collectors items.... at least not yet. Our trucks are as much a collectors item as a Cadillac Cimmaron is a collectors item! Its like the early mid 70's cars are now collectable, maybe our trucks will be in another 10 years. But not right now.

A jeep guy just gave me a deposit on old blue 90. he said he was looking for a MJ for a wail. he has been down in Maine, NH and a few other places over the past year nad people are asking 4 to 5 grand for trucks in the shape he just bought mine for. $1600.oo

he thinks it great that I have 2 of his old jeeps in my yard. (2dr xj, 6door waggy) he and his wife are so happy they are buying an other jeep and its an MJ... I am glad so now i can go pay off the J10 and bring it home to pull my float. i am going to put the short box 88 back on the road for summer....

it is crazy what people think they are worth... I saw 2 today driving down the road and 2 different ones yesterday... funny thing is i sold them all.. LOL

I know its sad, and they may be rare, but they are not collectors items.... at least not yet. Our trucks are as much a collectors item as a Cadillac Cimmaron is a collectors item! Its like the early mid 70's cars are now collectable, maybe our trucks will be in another 10 years. But not right now.

I was excited to think they could be collectible, but then had this thought.

A 195X Jeep Willys Pickup was at a swap meet I went to, Farm truck, no rust, but hard worked, popped up in the rust belt. Ran, drove, and zipped around still. They wanted $2500.

I don't think anyone should be picking these things up if they plan on a financial investment. It might be awhile before you see a return. :rotfl2:

Rob L.

I was excited to think they could be collectible, but then had this thought.

A 195X Jeep Willys Pickup was at a swap meet I went to, Farm truck, no rust, but hard worked, popped up in the rust belt. Ran, drove, and zipped around still. They wanted $2500.

I don't think anyone should be picking these things up if they plan on a financial investment. It might be awhile before you see a return. :rotfl2:

Rob L.

I did say "maybe"... but in all truth, its a probably not. Thats OK, maybe they will continue to be in most of our price ranges... meaning cheap.