add a leaf

i searched and didn't really find the info i wanted so i figured i ask.

if and when i swap in a d44 i want to throw in a aal to get some lift and also to stiffen up the rear springs because their to soft. i put my atv in there and i feels like the rear of the truck is gonna drag on the ground. i'd like to put a 1 3/4 coil spacer up front and i need somthing to match in the rear. so who makes a aal that will give me at least 2" of lift.

has anyone put one in their truck, got any pics. thanks.

I bought the 4.5'' from hell's with the aal

the lift in the back consisted of the aal and a longer shackel

from my point of view just the aal would bring it up to 2'' or 2.5''

and also stiffen your leaf pack a bit so it probably won't seem to sag when youMll load it up again

here's a pic when I installed mine

i see they have 2 different aal's. one is the full length and the other says it's a short aal. does one give more lift than the other.

at how much lift are longer brake hoses needed. i seen the 4.5 inch kit that included shocks but no brake lines

you will see "kits" all over the place that are missing components. Drives me nuts. :headpop:

3" is when you should start doing something about the lines.

i was looking at the hellcreek 3" kit also, it does not include lower control arms or brake hoses so would i be able to get by without the lower control arms and lines.

3 inches is the border. Personally, i would not go above 2" without LCAs. lifting without longer lowers changes your caster and can lead to wandering on the road or worse, death wobble. all depends on the truck and the condition of the components. 3" is also the generally accepted max for the front brake lines. Gently tweaking the hard line up front can give a bit more room (if the line doesn't crack), otherwise YJ front lines are longer and bolt right in.

ideally i would like about 2" of lift, the coil spacers would take care of the front so i just need to find a aal that gives a true 2". i don't want the truck to be up higher in the front. i guess all i'm really after is enough lift to help clear the 31x10.50 tires i have under my truck because the fronts rub and to offset the extra pinion length of the d-44 i plan on putting under there.

i guess all i'm really after is enough lift to help clear the 31x10.50 tires i have under my truck because the fronts rub and to offset the extra pinion length of the d-44 i plan on putting under there.

What are you running for rims? You don't need any lift to clear 31x10.50s on Jeep rims. The only rubiing with stock rims is the inner shoulder of the tire rubbing the lower control arm when the steering is at full lock ... and NO amount of lift will eliminate that.

they are stock steel wheels. the tires do rub on somthing in the fender well. if its setting level it rubs only on the LCA's but if the ground is a little uneven and the front tire is up in the wheel well a little bit it rubs when the steering wheel is about 1 turn from center. i'm not really sure what it's rubbing on because i just put the 31's on not that long ago and havn't looked into it yet. but i wanted to do somthing with the rear springs to stiffen them up a little anyways, because even with just a little weight the truck squats alot more than i'd like it to.