what kind of rims are these?

dunl

thats a bit of a coincedence. i just took those very same rims off my '86 today. ya, turbines. they look like the best stock rims for my truck but i had some other ones with slighly taller tires that i wanted to try out. will probably re-install them when i get some different rubber.4613277827_ebe9f262b0.jpg

4634706778_7fd066359a.jpg

If also heard people call those wagon wheels.

No, the "wagon wheels" were the steel 6 or 8-spoke factory rims. The turbine rims in the photos are the 10-spoke alloys that were the optional rim on the 84-89 (or 90?) XJ and 86-89 (90?) MJ. They are 15x7 ... so are the wagon wheels.

No, the "wagon wheels" were the steel 6 or 8-spoke factory rims. The turbine rims in the photos are the 10-spoke alloys that were the optional rim on the 84-89 (or 90?) XJ and 86-89 (90?) MJ. They are 15x7 ... so are the wagon wheels.

No, the steel 6 or 8 spoke factory wheels were the Rally's.

We could go on like this all day.

Plus those cheapy white steelies are also called wagon wheels.

YARG!

You are correct in that the factory called the 6- or 8-spoke steelies "Rally" wheels. But nobody actually calls them that. I haven't heard them referred to as anything other than wagon wheels for at least 15 years.

You are correct in that the factory called the 6- or 8-spoke steelies "Rally" wheels. But nobody actually calls them that. I haven't heard them referred to as anything other than wagon wheels for at least 15 years.

I haven't heard people ever call the steelies wagon wheels in the past 16 years.

While we are on the top, it's a "shell" not a cap, and not a topper.

See, we could go on all day like this.

Thanks guys, I found a set for $60...if I get them, I was thinking of painting them a nice glossy black.

were you thinking of painting them entirely black? i was looking at mine today and wondering how to go about that. --- like what about the outside part? i would think that part would take a beating when changing tires.

I haven't heard people ever call the steelies wagon wheels in the past 16 years.

it's a canopy.

it's a canopy.

:rotf:

Guys, why the bickering???

Even think there might be different names for the same things based on your location???

Think of soda, soda pop or just pop. How about Jimmies, shots or sprinkles on your ice cream. Then there is grinder, hoagie or hero sandwich, they are ALL THE SAME!!! COme on now, relax a bit and show some courtesy to your fellow club brothers...

Just sayin'...

CW

"surrey top" :banana:

I don't know what that means, but you keep that kinda language on lost feller. This is a family friendly place.

Also, where might I find a girl to give me a "surrey top"?

No bickering from me, I was just pointing out how the names vary so much that we could go on all day.

While one person may have never heard it that way, to someone else that can be the only way they have....IE soda vs pop

Even think there might be different names for the same things based on your location???

Think of soda, soda pop or just pop. How about Jimmies, shots or sprinkles on your ice cream. Then there is grinder, hoagie or hero sandwich, they are ALL THE SAME!!! COme on now, relax a bit and show some courtesy to your fellow club brothers...

Just sayin'...

CW

Prefer sammiches BBQ'd pulled pork(VA/NC style) or beef(Texas style). Hoagie is the guy from that cartoon. ;) Soda? It's not 2pm and I am enjoying a Mojito with my lunch. That's my idea of a soda.