Overhaulin...

dasbulliwagen

I was watching overhaulin yesterday afternoon, and began to wonder what I would do to my MJ if I had an unlimited budget. This goes with the assumption that if we had unlimited budget we would still keep our beloved MJ's. I was windering too what any one of you guys would do as well. Post it up... your ultimate MJ!

Mine...

I would like to stick with 4 cylinder, I'm not sure why, I just like it... either the 2.8 diesel from a libby, or MOPAR makes a 4 cylinder block for Midget racing that you can get with a Hemi head, or a regular head, lots of potential there, just saw one built with turbo for slat flat racing that had close to 1200HP... that would be cool! For a trans, maybe a NV3550, or one of the newer 6 speeds. Atlas transfer case. For axles, I like those ones that have the tilted looking pumpkins, not sure what theyre called or if theyd even be practical for a truck this size or not, but they are freakin cool looking. 4:10, 4:56. or 4:88 gearing, not sure which yet, but whatever would be best with either some 35's or 37's on 17 or 18 inch wheels. Long arms of course, discs front and rear, black leather covered buckets and interior, Dakota Digital dash, 5 point RCI camlock harness', fresh white paint job. Stuff like that!

I'm sure too, that for many of you your ultimate MJ would be any MJ that is rust free.... for the sake of this we will make that an assumption!

Oh just the basics, Rebuild/stroke the motor, rebuild the tranny, some bad@$$ clutch, replace the entire front end of the truck with oringinal parts, 1ton steering, drop in some new floors, replace the enterior with 97+ what not, replace my leafs with somenice stock ones, and paint her back to black.

I'm not to difficult

Oh just the basics, Rebuild/stroke the motor, rebuild the tranny, some bad@$$ clutch, replace the entire front end of the truck with oringinal parts, 1ton steering, drop in some new floors, replace the enterior with 97+ what not, replace my leafs with somenice stock ones, and paint her back to black.

I'm not to difficult

You don't need overhaulin to do that, thats what mine has, it didn't cost that much.

my one MJ restorationg is my graduation present. i specifically told my parents that i was going to be spending ALOT of money to get the truck how i want even if i have to pay for it myself. they still insist that they pay for it. I'm not going to break my parents bank or anything, but the truck is going to be exactly how i want it. I have had this planned out since the day i bought the truck. i call it the OJ MJ...

first off rebuild the motor and stroke it out to a 4.6l

fix the rust and patch the holes. por15 the entire truck exterior (i want to drive it but i want it to last)

paint the truck summit racing huggin' orange

97+ cherokee classic rims

grill, bumpers, trim, ect. painted to match the cherokee classic rims

vent window doors

MT rear springs

d44 disc brake conversion (if its possible, still researching that)

rear factory bedmat

factory amc mudflaps

no lift and just normal tires

tow hitch

that was my first MJ, the second one i have is going to be wild. its going to take some time and lots of money. its going to be a like a replica of the white,yellow,blue,orange paint job prerunner type truck that was rolled.

start of with the 90 eliminator 4x4 shortbed

fiberglass buldge front fenders

fiberglass buldge rear bedsides

rear reciever bumper (i saw a picture of a sweet one on here and I'm going to fab it myself)

front stinger bumper

3 inch lift with whatever tires i can fit without cutting on my factory rims

that awesome paintjob

fix rust patch holes fix worn carpet and repad the bucket seats

4.6l stroker

factory rollbar with KC lights on the bar and on the stinger bumper

i got a build thread started on the OJ MJ on another site I'm on. when i get some time i start one on here.

Josh