doubling up coil spacers?

Are you talking about doubling up aftermarket spacers, or the stock isolators?

I'm not sure Pete. I remember someone stating that they ran something doubled up, where others don't normally do that. I think now that it was aftermarket spacers on top of aftermarket coils, but I could be wrong.

Maybe they'll chip in, or send me a quiet PM. ;)

Yeah, I remember a similar post and used it. It pertained to doubling up the stock isolators on top of a 3" lift coil (OME's in my case) to level things out when the rear was a little higher than the front. It resulted in slightly less than 1/2" more lift. :cheers: Maybe this is the post you are referring to, si?

I have a 3" lift in front using XJ Upcountry front springs (V8 ZJ springs are same thing) and 2" coil spacers sandwiched between two OEM spring isolators. The extra isolator takes up the sag in the springs to net an actual 3" lift and prevents any knocking noises i've heard others complain of when using spring spacers.

So far so good, but I definately lost some ride quality when swapping the WJ lower arms out for adjustable lower arms (even with rubber bushings). Going to buy some good riding 3" coils. Anyone suggest a good set?

I have a 3" lift in front using XJ Upcountry front springs (V8 ZJ springs are same thing) and 2" coil spacers sandwiched between two OEM spring isolators. The extra isolator takes up the sag in the springs to net an actual 3" lift and prevents any knocking noises i've heard others complain of when using spring spacers.

So far so good, but I definately lost some ride quality when swapping the WJ lower arms out for adjustable lower arms (even with rubber bushings). Going to buy some good riding 3" coils. Anyone suggest a good set?

i've had experience with friends doing exactly this (more spring too but same idea)

works great.

Going to buy some good riding 3" coils. Anyone suggest a good set?

Yep. OME is the only company I've seen that "underrates" their lift coil/leaf springs. The OME 934 front coils are listed as 2-3/4" lift; they give a true 3" (934 is listed as a ZJ V-8 spring but is also used on the XJ/MJ). OME ride is the best. Combined w. the WJ lower LCAs, I think this is the best setup by far for a smooth riding 3" lift w/o added weight up front like a winch.

I'm using OME 930s (advertised as 1-3/4" lift) but they gave me 2-1/2", thus I used another stock isolator for the full 3". Has not settled after four years now.