Working on my 88

I've had this truck for a couple years and just started working on it.... I don't know much about working on cars, but used to work on my 72 chevy nova when i was in high school...

I didn't take pictures of the before.... but have the after. I removed the air filter and installed a AEM cold air intake. put together a custom box for the intake. I still need to put a over lip to prevent the hot air going straight to the intake..

Removed the hosing from the engine and did a custom cut down on a K&N cranck to fit in the valve cover opening.

engine001.jpgengine004.jpg

I have a crack in my coolant overflow bottle... I ordered it earlier in the week and just got it in the mail. Going to install it the begining of the week.

engine003.jpg

The next project after that is going to fix the oil leak that i am having.... I need to replace the valve cover gasket... I'm going to remove the valve cover, degrease and paint it up. That is a project for 2 weeks from now.... I will keep posting updates during the next couple of weeks

engine002.jpg

Here is my MJ :brows:

truck.jpg

Is it as rust free as it looks in the pic? :drool:

I have some rust on the rocker panels, but i'm going to be getting at that in the next month.... I live in the city so it is hard for me to work on things like that. Besides that.... no rust

• 2 weeks later...

Before I degrease the engine...Nasty oil leak

001.jpg002.jpg

003.jpg

After 2 cans

004.jpg005.jpg

removal of the valve cover bolts... keep them in order

006.jpg

Holy freaking NASTY!!!

007.jpg008.jpg

Such a beautiful work of art

009.jpg

The bushes sprouting filters

010.jpg

Primer

011.jpg012.jpg

Painted with some detail on the trim

013.jpg014.jpg

Replaced the valve cover

015.jpg016.jpg :banana:

I just ordered my 4 port fuel injectors... going to install them next week..woohoo :banana: I'm excited to see how much a difference they are going to make... From what i have been reading, they give you better gas mileage and better performance.