Ebay rear slider's CL Laurent tri-vent.

I have an account with C.R. Laurence, they do not make the tri-vent any more, just the 4 panel. I've orders some, and double checked.

I just check the stock, and there are none available.......anywhere.

I'm sure if we placed an order for 50, they might make them for us :dunno:

I'm sure the guy on e-bay, which I've seen that listing before, is just using an old stock photo for his add.

The last time I seen the Tri-vent was about 3 years ago, and when they were gone, that was it.

I'm just letting you know that even thought you think it a 3 lite slider, if you buy one from him, it will be a 4 lite in the box.

Oh, and there are 23 Duo-vent available at this time........

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showL ... delID=1653

Yes, I seen that, I'm watching the listing too.

No, I'm not going to be bidding on it, so your safe :D

He might have a few in-hand stock from when they were still available :dunno:

If he's doing a drop ship, like I do, there are none, I might get time on Wednesday to call and check, but I don't think there in stock anymore.

I had placed a bid but the reserve was not met. He has now sent me a second chance offer with the same picture but says they are four panel. I don't think he knows what he has or is trying to pull a fast one.

Since then i have found a used one at a salvage yard for $50 + $20 s+h. Should be at the house when I get there this afternoon.

Does anyone have the latch hardware for the 3 panel? If the one i bought is as good as they described, I will use it and the one I have will be available.

Like I said, he's doing drop ship from CRL, and I bet he never had one in his hands to begin with.

And, No, I didn't get a chance to call to double check :(

Your not replacing your OEM 3 lite just because the latch is missing........are you :hmm:

I still have not found the correct latch for the OEM, I've got a couple different replacement latches, but just not the one needed.

At worst, if you need to keep the slider locked, you can cut some aluminum angle to fit in the track, between the slider pane and the end, to keep it from sliding open :idea:

I don't think I would replace the OEM unit just because the latch is missing :roll:

Yes I am replacing the 3 lite because the lock is missing but I am keeping it a 3 lite. I found one for $50 near wausau, wi.

Is there a way to change out the sliding portion only since the rest of the window is good? The one I bought has the sliding window latch attached and I am assuming that if I were to remove it and reglue it to the existing window it would not last, similar to reglueing the rear view mirrors.

That's true that the glue only holds for so long :roll:

The only way to change the glass panels out is to take the entire unit apart, it's pinched at the joints, and corners, and that requires removing the unit :doh:

No, what I was saying was, that if just the lock handle is missing, it's a lot of work to remove and re-install a new / newer unit.

So.......did anyone get this tri-view unit????

I've been swamped down and on the road all week with the day job and haven't had time to call :fs2:

The seller finally admitted that his was a 4 panel so I passed on it. I have found two 3 panels, with locking clips intact, since then but one is missing the rubber moulding. I also found a junk/salvage yard that had 2 comanche's and a few cherokee's and got a few of the digital clocks, visor clips, hood prop clip, and antenna mast. All of the ones with bucket seats were missing the seat back levers.

Is there somewhere that you can usae your vin number and see what options or accessories the vehicle was made/shipped with? The laredo that I have has a plain black steering column with no upgrades. While working on it yesterday, I found that it has a few parts under the hood and dash for cruise control. So now I want to find outif it had cruise and maybe intermittent wipers. I am wondering if the idiot P/O maybe swapped out the steering column along with the hack jobs on the wiring?

The seller finally admitted that his was a 4 panel so I passed on it. I have found two 3 panels, with locking clips intact, since then but one is missing the rubber moulding. I also found a junk/salvage yard that had 2 comanche's and a few cherokee's and got a few of the digital clocks, visor clips, hood prop clip, and antenna mast. All of the ones with bucket seats were missing the seat back levers.

Is there somewhere that you can usae your vin number and see what options or accessories the vehicle was made/shipped with? The laredo that I have has a plain black steering column with no upgrades. While working on it yesterday, I found that it has a few parts under the hood and dash for cruise control. So now I want to find outif it had cruise and maybe intermittent wipers. I am wondering if the idiot P/O maybe swapped out the steering column along with the hack jobs on the wiring?

The best I could do is tell you whether it was bucket or bench, column shift, or floor, auto or manual any more in that area. Jeep is slowly deleting all the body code history, and I think the last time we knew, you couldn't get a breakdown past '89.

MJ's do have a lot of stuff already in there for most things though, like the cargo light for example. All you need is a switch and light, the wiring is there already.

Rob L.

Yea, that's what I thought too........the 4 lite slider :roll:

What Rob posted is about all you can find out what your MJ came with......Plus, any accessory or add on could be ordered with any MJ model. Like the sun roof, light bar, lighting package.

But you say its a Laredo model???

That was the top end on the accessories model, and you should have a color coded steering column with the 3 spoke steering wheel, wrapped with leather, and also a tilt column.

If you have the 2 spoke steering wheel, and painted black, I bet it was swapped out with a basic XJ steering column, which is very easy to do :fs1:

To get the cruse control to work, you need the mulity switch for the intermittent wipers, and there should be a pair of wires in the steering column for the cruse control stalk.

The good news is........if you can find the above steering column in the JY from an XJ, your good to go, everything is plug and play. It will take you about an hour to swap out the steering column :banana:

Yes, it is a laredo and the column is black and I think what you call a 2 spoke wheel and looks very basic. The interior is gray. I have the wiring and switch laready installed for the cargo light but no light fixture. Does anyone know where to get one?

On the upper firewall between the engine and heater fan there is a control with a cable coing to the throttle body and I loked in the haynes manual and it shows it as part of the Cruise control. There is also a yellow electronic part conected to the lower dash panel below the steering column.

I was at a junk/salvage yard friday and they had 2 comanche's (most parts gone already) and 5-10 cherokee's. I remember a few had a tilt column with cruise and intermittent wipers so I'll have to go back again. I didn't think comanche's had intermitent wipers.

Is there much call/requests for the black "brush gaurd"? There was one of those there also.

Like I thought :hmm: the PO swapped out the steering column before you got the Laredo MJ :(

Yea, if you find a XJ with a tilt column, the stalk set-up for inter-wipes and cruse, your back on track to the OEM Laredo model :yes:

I'd stick with a MJ or XJ for the replacement, not cross checking which GM model might fit. Plus, you'll get the 3 spoke Jeep steering wheel in the package. Plus the correct gray interior color code.

The years you want to get are from '87 -'90, that is all the Renix era electric, for plug and play on the swap.

And, if your U-pull is anything like ours, the complete steering column is only $24 :D And they don't care what "extras" are inside the column.

If you get a tilt column, there is a process to tighten up the bolts in the column, that is highly recommended before you reinstall it. So, if you find a loose one in the yard, don't pass it up. Same with the ignition lock/key, that can be change out.

The inter-wipes are controlled by the multi-switch, and a black control box behind the left knee panel.

That yellow control box is the cruse control, and the item you described on the fire wall with the throttle cable is the Servo motor for the cruse.

Sounds like all the components are in place, you just need the correct mulit-switch and stalk for the system to work, and the easiest way is to swap the correct steering column in there.

Did you "add" the cargo light switch, or was is OEM??

The wire is in ALL MJ's, and just tied up behind the "B" column trim. Every once in a while a cargo light shows up on this board, or you can opp out for a aftermarket cargo light, it's just surface mounted on the back of the roof panel, above the rear window.

The gauge cluster speedo cable is held by a little integrated clip, most times it's on the bottom side, and if you depress the "lever" it pops right off, I've also had luck with just a good hard pull, and popped the cable off the speedo :roll:

If it's really causing you major problems, you can unhook the cable at the TC and pull some slack thru the fire wall, to get the cluster out from the dash.

* Hey Rob!!!! Rob!!! :wavey: You want to move this over to Tech???? :dunno: *

Sorry for the deviation, just went with the flow.

thanks for the tips and hope to find the right column. As for the speedo cable there is no clip to press/squeeze to release it, just one round plastic coupler fitting over the speedo "nipple".

Yea, we always go with the flow around here :teehee:

Did you get the speedo cable off???

The "clip" is very well hidden in the white plastic, it's a small nub in the plastic, away from the cluster, more on the cable side, that you squeeze, and that releases the cable off the back of the cluster.

Don't blame the missing options on your Laredo model entirely on the PO. An old guy in town here has an 88 Laredo he ordered new from our local dealer. It's got all the Laredo exterior body ornamentation, but all he wanted with it was a 4:10 D44, towing package, and an AW4. That's all he has on the truck, with the exception of the 6-gauge cluster. Even has a bench seat w. a column shift. He special ordered it for towing classic vehicles from all over the country, most of which are still setting unfinished on his property. There's no tilt, not cruise, no power options, no A/C, no nothing except what he wanted. I also verified this with the local dealer. Took him four months to get it. You could order basically any trim package with any options you wanted back then. I've been bugging him for the D44 every couple of months or so since it's been on blocks for about five years now, but the old bastid won't sell anything he has. :yes:

No I did not work on the speedo because I leave saturdays and get home thursday. Will try tomorrow.

I think the column was switched because the black color does not match the gray interior. Will rty to get pics this weekend. Also because of all the butchering he has done with the wiring. He said the elec. fan would turn on and off randomly so he cut the wires and put in a toggle switch. I told him that the fan is set that way. DUH.

Got a steering column friday. It is gray and has the chrome plated int. wipers, cruise and looks like leather wrap. May be a little pricey at $100 but they also pulled it out and includes all the shafts and joints to the gear box. Now I need to take it to the locksmith and see if he can make a key or pull the ignition.

I also checked with the dealer and that short speedo cable is no longer available so I grabbed an extra one. I will try to get a picture later but now I see there are two raised bars to squeeze for removal.

Totally agree with you Mr. Hornbrod :yes:

Yes, in the day, any option could be 'special' ordered, and you have found one that way.......now you just need to get the 'ole guy to let some stuff go :fs2:

That's what knocks me off my chair every time I see a topic on........."what did MY Comanche come with?????" or "Decode my Vin" :shake:

That's why I suspected that you had cruse control on the original steering column, with the presents on the servo motor under the hood :D

No, if you paid a C note for a complete steering column, pulled, that's not bad, a pulled used column with all the bells and whistles is worth at least $60 free standing. Good thing you got the extra intermediate shaft too, there very hard to find in good shape, the U-joints go, and you can not replace just the U-joints, well......with out welding in new ones :roll:

If you go back a few posts, I mentioned about "re-building" your new steering column if it has tilt, to save you the trouble later on with the 4 screws that back out and cause problems, it you go this far, you'll be into the column, so changing the key switch will be easy, and you can pick up one at Advance auto parts, or order complete key kits, column and door lock cores from other online sites.

Links for "rebuilding" a steering column, ignition lock -

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20204

http://www.lunghd.com/Downloads_and_Lin ... Switch.zip

Do you just run out to a locksmith to have a key made :dunno: could run you $10 - $30 just for that. Me, I would change the core, and clean up the column in the process.

I too have a full schedule and don't get much 'free' time to check in here every day :(

Yes, I go to an actual locksmith to get keys made. He actually was able to make the keys for the doors and glove box by pulling the lock on the glove box and was pretty cheap. I had bought a replacement ignition switch off ebay and already installed that into the truck and if I remember right you need the key to r&r the ignition. Call me anal but the new column has a chrome switch instead of the black.

I also assumed that the column from a 88 cherokee with an automatic trans and floor shifter would be the same.