$100 AMC 20 with 4:10's

Darren

There's a bright yellow longbed at the Vancouver Pick'n'Pull with an AMC 20 rear and Disco 30 both with 4:10's it's an 86 4-banger. I would have grabbed the rear if I had the cash. Damn I hate being broke. Stronger than a 44, plus it's cool as hell.

I almost snagged it too but i had already spent a couple hundred dollars there,somebody had already opened the diff and tore the brakes apart. i found the drums a few cars over and put them with it. I also noticed the ring gear is chipped but should work fine. I did score a nice front skid plate off the truck.

it also has a set of recovery hooks tied into the plow mounts that someone could use for something and it has the metric ton springs as well.

it also has a set of recovery hooks tied into the plow mounts that someone could use for something and it has the metric ton springs as well.

I grabbed those brackets took me quite some time to get them not to mention it was pouring rain too.

...AMC 20 rear...Stronger than a 44, plus it's cool as hell.

What makes it stronger than the D44 gears; gears, axle housing, shafts...?

I shouldn't have said stronger, that's a bad word. How about "about-as-strongish"? It's got an 8 7/8 ring gear to the 44's 8 1/2. The shafts are roughly the same size, but the AMC is a 29 spline while the 44 is 30. I'd say the housings are equally as strong, but the 20 has a super badass perfectly round cover. (Feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong there.)

Either one is a good axle.