Got my weekend plans figured out

mjeff87

East Coast Truckin' Nationals, at Virginia Motorsports Park.

http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/ECTN.html

What's cooler than 1/4 mile tractor trailer drag racing? jamminz.gif

There's also a pickup truck judging contest, but it's only Chebby and Ford :cry:

I'll get some good pics to share with y'all. Chrome Shop Mafia will be there representing, too.

Jeff

(another weekend that I don't work on the MJ.....)

just thinking about that. I wonder if Bob motz will be there.

He's a local to me guy that has a pretty insane jet powered kenworth.

http://www.jtmotz.com/

there's his webpage. he burns down the billboard on st rt 18 every year. Gets fined by the state every year for blowing burning debris into the road.

Night under fire is pretty cool at norwalk :)

another edit

him torching the sign.

we are going to the ironman 4-wheeler & dirtbike races this weekend up by crawfordsville where they race through the woods. should be a muddy mess with the rain we have gotten lately :D maybe they'll have a mud bog race with some 4x4's in the parking lots.

Never made it to the show....it was raining all weekend :cry:

I ended up helping my neighbor pull the drivetrain on his Duster....the one with the not-so-stock 383 shoehorned in it jamminz.gif

We're stripping it all down to a rolling shell, and he's sending the whole sheebang out to get soda blasted. Last night we pulled the bumpers, and tonight the rear end is coming out, so we can pull the exhaust. He had the dual system custom built and installed in pieces, then welded up. T'aint alot of wiggle room under there.

I'll post some progress pics up for you Mopar nuts on here :D

Jeff

8 3/4 (drop out center section), with suregrip and disc conversion jamminz.gif

Gears are mid/upper 3.'s....not quite certain

Yeah, it'd look nice up under the MJ....almost looks like a Ford 9"

but I've got a D44 in pieces right now that's occupying all my time...

Jeff

I've been looking for a new rear axle. Not sure if I want to do the 8.8 or not. Bonus is that I can get a complete(minus calipers) 8.8 for $100 in just about any flavor I want. But I don't want to deal with the backspacing issues of my stock wheels. Hell, they already rub the frame rail. I was looking for an old mopar car axle in the 63" WMS range. I figure tat if an 8.75 can live behing a 11 second car it'l probably do alright in my junk.

I just so happen to run a mopar 8 3/4 on my rig. It is mini spooled and has 3:91 gears. It was out of a 1966 D100 pickup, it fits on the MJ good you just have to move the spring perches in about 1"1/2. The bonus is you retain the same bolt pattern and track width. But be sure to get one that is after 1965 because they had C-clip axels untill then.