Dodge Nitro

JOMJ87

Ok so i think CDX screwed up again and some of you may agree. I was driving home today and seen a SUV at the dodge stealership i didnt reconized so i flipped around to look closer. When i pulled up to it i liked it alot but something was wrong.....I then realized what my mind was thinking. The Dodge NITRO has more of a jeep look then any of the new jeep models but its a DODGE!!!! I think this would have made a great jeep maybe even a new XJ but what do I know. Except the big fenders :roll: Tell me what you think of it. I swear if it was straight axle and wore jeep badges It would be great to own. It looks supper agresive up[ close and personal.IMHO

Cole

here's a link-----http://www.dodge.com/en/nitro/index.html

here's a pic but it looks better black

yes i agree CDX screwed up again. main thing they screwed up on was not makin the Gladiator. but i never noticed how much better this would be as a jeep. i saw it at the car show awhile ago here in columbus, ohio. i was really hopeing the gladiator would have been there but the only thing that was was the stupid compass.

CDX.... :headpop: :nuts:

Alex

Here is my thought I think jeep has went SOFT to try and keep up with the modern day soccer mom. And has got away form there roots of one tuff truck and as far as Dodge Ford or any of these other new vehicles there just to darn expenses and did I mention there ugly. And you can’t work on them unless you have a shop with all these special tool not to say these is a bad thing but what ever happen to just good looking car/trucks that ran hard and could be worked on by almost anyone. This thing looks like a Durango/Jeep Commander grocery go getter.

ROCK ON JEEP 2500 jamminz.gif at least it looks like a jeep

Just my thought not wanted nor needed but given

Here is my thought I think jeep has went SOFT to try and keep up with the modern day soccer mom. And has got away form there roots of one tuff truck and as far as Dodge Ford or any of these other new vehicles there just to darn expenses and did I mention there ugly. And you can’t work on them unless you have a shop with all these special tool not to say these is a bad thing but what ever happen to just good looking car/trucks that ran hard and could be worked on by almost anyone. This thing looks like a Durango/Jeep Commander grocery go getter.

ROCK ON JEEP 2500 jamminz.gif at least it looks like a jeep

Just my thought not wanted nor needed but given

that is sooo true. i am so sick of CDX owning jeep that it is ot funny. they make these awsome show cars for the detroit car shows but never make them. instead they make minivans or cars with the jeep badges on them. i don't think anything but the new wrangler could go off roadin. but i am talkin bout the ones that are still a wrangler and not a four door H2 POS.

Alex

i hate chrysler.

and the only decent looking dodge truck is the durango, and guess what... it used to be a knock off manche.

i won't hate on the newest style F250 though. they look sharp. wayyy better than the late 90's ones. and i wouldnt mind a powerstroke deisel either, but i can't hate on the Cummins turbo-deisel. thats a Baddd engine CDX has.

Now if a 2-door wrangler came with a cummins and 33s stock :cheers: jamminz.gif And i stopped by the dealership tonight and he ask me what i thought and i told him the Nitro should have been a Jeep insteed of the CompASS And Comandturd but he said that it had 355 hp with a 4.0 V6 and i told him he was wrong that it only had 260. ;) I think its pretty bad when your own sellsmen don't know as much about a brand new vehicle on there lot then someone off the street that has only seen it once. Then I ask the crazy question of what trans and transfer case and if it was straight axle and i got "so what is straight axle" :oops: CDX is destroying jeep and there name. I wish all the Jeep Lovers of america should pull all there money and start a fund to buy the Jeep brand from CDX and us make the desisions. :thumbsup: :clapping: We can only wish.

Cole[/b]

And so we've seen some of the old rules at DaimlerChrysler fall away. We saw a Mercedes engine in the Chrysler Crossfire and other Mercedes components in the Chrysler 300/Dodge Magnum. Chrysler executives have allowed that some future Jeeps will not have the capability to tackle the Rubicon Trail, previously a Jeep must. The new Dodge Nitro smashes another heretofore sacred tenet: that a Jeep platform can never be shared with another division.

WTF are they serious... :mad: :headpop: I think we should petition this. Am i going to have to find a new brand of auto. This sucks horribly and cdx has pushed there limits with Jeep. Do they realized if there MPG went down on there whole line of vehicles sales would go up. Also if they spent more time on durability then they would go up. Thats why the big3 are falluing to there knees nad toyo and honda and the other rice burners are rising to the top without a problem. Quit making new types and refine what you have to be a better seller. Soon fords 5 SUVs will no longer be made cause ford will go under since only 1or 2 of the 5 gets good gas mileage. Just my dimes worth of info....BTW why does the nitro look and seem more rugged than the liberty shouldnt it be the other way around?????

Cole

you would think it would be the other way round. but i like the liberty better then the nitro. don't ask me why. i have grown to like it. but i will never like the compass or the 4dr wrangler. the commander i could care less about cuz its too big for my taste. and the patriot is going to remind me of the old XJs a bit so its cool. but what i really want is the production of the gladiator and it has to be EXACTLY the same as the concept. but i am so sick of CDX owning jeep that i am pretty much done with them. i am sticking to older jeeps from when jeep was jeep. this 91 of mine will be the newest jeep i ever own unless i find a 92 or the gladiator comes out exactly the same to concept. but what they have done to jeep is just bs. ford and gm might go away but chrysler never will just because of who owns them. but i bet down the road the chrysler-dodge-jeep half goes away too. then what will we do without jeep around at all? just some of what i think about CDX owning jeep.

Alex