detroit Ez locker

don't know about the EZ lokcker detroits but my brother has a full-case detroit in the rear and its nice. it wears tires a tad faster than open (or any selectable locker)

before that he ran a loc-rite ez-locker and it was nice too, (never broke under some heavy wheeling in Dana35 with 33" tires.)

I ran ez's front and rear and the only problem I had was the rear got water in the diff and the teeth got rounded off. it would just click through when under load and I had to replace it.

I'd say for the money they're great.

Down at Drake Farm I had my front and rear locked and was climbing some wet limestone. The tires started slipping and the XJ went straight left, front and rear at the same time, just walked over sideways about 4 feet as I was spinning rubber. I wound up perfectly centered between two saplings and spinning all four tires. Turning left and right had no effect, and it was all I could do to keep my liftgate out of the rear sapling, so I didn't want to try braking and see if I stayed out of the tree. So I called out the window and someone got the end of the strap on my hood and they hooked it to another vehicle uphill and got tension on it so I could stop. All the while I'm spinning all four tires and floating between the two trees. Yum.

Down at Drake Farm I had my front and rear locked and was climbing some wet limestone. The tires started slipping and the XJ went straight left, front and rear at the same time, just walked over sideways about 4 feet as I was spinning rubber. I wound up perfectly centered between two saplings and spinning all four tires. Turning left and right had no effect, and it was all I could do to keep my lift gate out of the rear sapling, so I didn't want to try braking and see if I stayed out of the tree. So I called out the window and someone got the end of the strap on my hood and they hooked it to another vehicle uphill and got tension on it so I could stop. All the while I'm spinning all four tires and floating between the two trees. Yum.

YUP, Lockers are WONDERFUL lo-side finders!!! Spinning locked axles will ALWAYS find the down hill side and move you there in a HURRY!!! More guys roll on a incline spinning the front because of this!!

Back on topic:

I had a EZ-Locker and it was fine, busted two axles in my D35 TJ before I upgraded to a 8.8.....

I have a non-Disco Hi-pinion D30 sitting on the garage floor. its going to be stuffed with alloy axles and a ECTED locker. In the mean time to keep my TJ locked I picked up a AUSSIE locker. Its JUST like the EZ and the LOCK-=RITE, only better, cheaper and more durable WITHOUT the tire size warranty problems the others have. Aussie KNOWS we run big tars and DOESNT VOID warranty with a large tar like EZ & Lock-rite does!!!

Give them a try!! I LOVE mine..its going RIGHT INTO THE MJ. Once the hi-pinion is finished for the TJ!!

CW