Vin number help

I picked up a 89 Comanche. It looks like the front air dam is a "street comanche". I looked on the comanche site with the vin decoder and can not make heads or tails of the numbers.

Hear is the vin--------- 1J7FT36E4KL438220

I would ask my Pitbull but I don't understand barking. :rotf:

No one will have info if it is a street Comanche or not, without the dash tag. It was a dealer thing only. The VIN is manufacturer deep. It left the plant as a normal MJ. It became a street MJ afterwards. I would track down all the previous owners to find out the real truth. See if you can.

Rob L.

I forgot about them haveing a dash tag. No it does not have one. Is there a indent on the glovebox door for it to fit into? Is there any other way to tell without finding the other owners? Could you buy a front air dam in the aftermarket, that looks like the ones on the street comanche?

Fiat, yes I did it and just said it was a 89 Comanche

I forgot about them haveing a dash tag. No it does not have one. Is there a indent on the glovebox door for it to fit into? Is there any other way to tell without finding the other owners? Could you buy a front air dam in the aftermarket, that looks like the ones on the street comanche?

Fiat, yes I did it and just said it was a 89 Comanche

Yes, you could buy the body kit on the after market. There was a seller on E-bay that sold them for some time. Also there was a handful of makers for body kits for Cherokees. The front portion would be exactly the same as the Comanche.