is there any common reason why ....

.... my gas gauge, brake lights, and tac would all stop working at the exact same time? - maybe washing it wasnt such a good ide after all.

these things all stopped working once before and seemed to fix themselves while i was away.lol.

i have heard mention of a ground behind a tail-light. the electrical in this truck (my blue one) has never been any good or consistent or easy to figure out and i still have that crappy fuse box.

thanx, shawn.

Sounds like a loose ground somewhere , possibly in the cab ?

Mine has a faulty ground behind the console that shorts out my door buzzer , console lights , pillar lights all at the same time ... :nuts:

Someone should really come up with a painless wiring harness thats actually painless . :dunce:

Mine has a faulty ground behind the console that shorts out my door buzzer , console lights , pillar lights all at the same time ... :nuts:

Someone should really come up with a painless wiring harness thats actually painless . :dunce:

where is that ground? - i have that problem too, but it's a separate issue.

In my crappy fuse box, there is a fuse for the cluster that sometimes looses good contact, I just wiggle it a little and they start working again.

and mine as well..... i wrapped tinfoil around the fuse blades and stuffed it back in, worked for a while

was that ground bolted to the firewall or where was it?

Sorry guys I've been busy . My loose ground is behind the console bolted to the lip at the edge of the floor pan .

It may be aftermarket because of the :dunce: that installed the sound system . Check any bolts with wires running to them .

I had to pull the carpet to get to mine .