'97 Interior Swap questions

For those of you who have done it, what is a realistic time/cost expectation. I has access to a '99 XJ, but before I make the leap, what can I expect?

It is not as easy as just swapping the interior. If you want your gauges to read right you have to swap the engine harness and most of the under hood things. Then find a way to make the fuel gauge work. I used a TJ tank and cluster to make my fuel gauge read correctly.

Cost wise: Whatever you have into the 99 XJ is what you will have into the swap.

Time wise: I have been working on my truck for 18 months and just got it running a few weeks ago. I do not get to work on it as much as I like though.

When I begin to work on mine starting around May, I think I can get it done in about 4-5 months. That's going from a complete '88 MJ, complete '98 XJ, tearing down both, swapping over all of the parts, and firing it up. Somewhere in between all of that, I'll be doing some painting, too. Also, I already have a solid month of work into the project. It's probably an unattainable goal, but a goal nonetheless!

I currently have my '88MJ interior completely stripped and the next step is to do floorpan repairs, weld in the XJ seat mounts, mount the XJ e-brake, and then lay on a thick coat of rust preventative paint. Not going to paint the firewall just yet as a little bird told me I'd be making a lot of cuts into that ;)