AX-15 VS BA-10

ok as we all know my tranny is crap. "ba-10"

i found a ba-10 for a direct replacement,but i found a ax-15 today with the t-case

ok my questions are ...

will my clutch/flywheel and pressure plate from my BA-10 work with the AX-15

will i have any drive line issues like drive shaft not fitting or front flange not bolting up?

the ax-15 i found is from a tj wrangler with low miles. its in the junkyard works 100%

and the other a member has from a 94 cherokee

are all ax-15's the same? are the ba-10 and ax-15 clutches interchangeable?

please reply

and my last question whats up with the pilot bearing i hear about does anyone have a part number? or a model they came on i hear there larger inside hole for the ax-15

and both ax-15's i found have external slave cylinder will my clutch line bolt to it?

Flywheel will be fine.

I believe your clutch stuff will also be fine, although since you're going to have everything apart anyway, you may want to buy a new kit. My brother just got a kit for his 98, came with disc, pressure plate, pilot bushing, and throwout bearing.

You'll also need the 79 CJ w/304 pilot bushing, and have the ID drilled out to 3/4" for the AX-15.

Go back a few pages in the tech section. Over the last two months, there have been a TON of AX-15 swap threads.

you definitely want to reuse the old flywheel, since the CPS notches are specific to the older electronics.

I reused my old Peugeot clutch with no issues when I swapped in my 99 AX-15.

I used a 74 CJ bushing (with the 304 and manual trans) with no modifications (late 70s CJ stuff may be a bit different).

You'll want to grab an AX-15 crossmember and trans mount.

And there's some other stuff. no that the search is running properly, you should be able to find the older threads about the swap. :thumbsup:

the transmission would be a plug and play if you were using one from a early 90s cherokee.

the tj transmission may also turn the t-case up towards the floor more requiring some floorpan modification (hammer work)

i just finished putting a yj AX in my truck.

you will need the slave cylinder and master setup because the new one you have is external slave and your current setup is internal slave.