Front axle help

Hey everybody. I need a little help here. I've got myself a nice new stong 4.56 geared rear axle, but my front is still the dana 30 3.07 gears. It seems like it'd be much cheaper to just buy a used axle that's already geared how I want it than to go through the whole regearing process. Does anybody know of a good front axle that's a pretty easy install that might even be an upgrrade in strenght that I can search for while I'm looking for dana 30's?

Thanks guys- GO COMANCHE!!!

Yes 4cyl auto from 87 to 89.... at least thats what I found on www.car-part.com . There is only a handful of them around the country... at least with those that list on that website. Price from $250 to $400. There were others listed there too that I'm pretty sure werent 4:56 geared though so youll have to call the yard to confirm anything. Good luck!

Good luck finding a front axle with 4.56 gears. IMHO the search is a waste of time. Better to just buy a new set of gears and have your axle re-geared. Toss in a TrueTrac limited slip while it's open, since you'll probably have to swap carriers anyway.

Thanks for all your help guys. I got one off car-part.com for 250 + 100 shipping across the country with only 81,000 miles on it. Pretty good deal compared to all the others on there were around 400 + whatever shipping with around 200,000. Thanks for all your help and encouragement to stick with the dana 30.