Has anyone done this swap ? WJ Knuckles ....

So I was reading a thread the other day on NAXJA , about a WJ High steer knuckle swap .

Correct me if I'm wrong , witch I usually am about this stuff .

I didn't really see what he did to convert newer style knuckles from the older ones .

What are the benefits of the newer knuckles or am I better off getting the Tera Flex High steering kit thats $$$$$ .

Witch he said only includes one knuckle and you still have to buy the other one ?

Sorry I couldn't find a thread on this subject . :fool:

So I was reading a thread the other day on NAXJA , about a WJ High steer knuckle swap .

So what's the link to the thread that you were reading the other day? Would help to know what you are referring to..........

So what's the link to the thread that you were reading the other day? Would help to know what you are referring to..........

Thats the problem , I can't find it anymore it was about a week back or so .

I think it was for the Dana 30 , he had done some modification to a set of 2001 WJ knuckles using most of the components

from the WJ .

I don't know much about this stuff so I'm again looking to get some golden knowledge .

The NAXJA site confuses me , I'm a newb .

I was actually thinking about doing that myself! The nice thing about the WJ is they have an full lenth tie rod, thats actually pretty beefy, it goes from knuckle to knucke instead of draglink to knuckle like ours is stock. There would probably have to be a lot more mods than just a simple knuckle swap though. Some other parts to think about are going to be your draglink (probably should take the WJ one as well) your anti-sway bar connects are gonna interfere most likely, and your stabilizer is also gonna be in the way. Basically I THINK (and I could be wrong) your gonna need to just relocate a bunch of stuff.

My wife has a WJ, I'll have to study it a little closer before any of what I said is put in stone, If I get a chance I'll post up some picture differences.

I was actually thinking about doing that myself! The nice thing about the WJ is they have an full lenth tie rod, thats actually pretty beefy, it goes from knuckle to knucke instead of draglink to knuckle like ours is stock. There would probably have to be a lot more mods than just a simple knuckle swap though. Some other parts to think about are going to be your draglink (probably should take the WJ one as well) your anti-sway bar connects are gonna interfere most likely, and your stabilizer is also gonna be in the way. Basically I THINK (and I could be wrong) your gonna need to just relocate a bunch of stuff.

My wife has a WJ, I'll have to study it a little closer before any of what I said is put in stone, If I get a chance I'll post up some picture differences.

Yeah, he replaced most of the XJ steering components as well as the shoes hubs and rotors , he just re drilled them .

I believe the tie rod ends face up not down like stock .

I'm curious about this too, as I have a bad WJ dana 30 sitting under my bench at work. It still has all the steering stuff on it, but not the brakes. I thought it would be a good swap for if I ever put a lif on it. This would raise the drag link up where it is supposed to be for correct steering angles ( I think ), and the brakes would be a nice upgrade, though I'm not sure it could still use 15" wheels. Time will tell!

Here's a few links

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/brakes ... /knuckles/

http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37241

http://www.xjdb.com/article15.html

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/wj-knuckle-swap-33046/

There's a lot of them out there. I may end up doing this on the Wild build but it will be after I get it back on the road.

EDIT:

Here's the knuckles, draglink, and calipers. The rod ends are all that's needed off the draglink.

:cheers:

99 grand cherokee knuckle and tie rods and you got your conversion its cheap and I'm going to do it allready bought my knuckle from ebay for 50.00 ,my freind has this set-up and it works great and puts it all up! :D