Hate to keeping asking for Carfax, but......

WahooSteeler

things are getting super tight, and i might have to sell my car and either DD the MJ ( :chillin: ) for a little while or find something reasonable i can somehow stroke a check for. it will break my heart to sell my car and I don't owe a lot, in fact it will be paid off by next summer, but gotta reduce or eliminate monthly payments right now. if this thing has a decent carfax, i might have to call in some favors and grab it up. buuuut, it's probably gonna be "if it seems to good to be true..." :dunno:

it's probably gonna be "if it seems to good to be true..."

If it's the one listed in PA, which according to the VIN it is, something seems fishy about it. $5k + under book for retail. Not sure what your situation is, but I think if your that close to paying yours off, I'd work with the bank to refi or something till you get stable again. One thing to consider on that Audi, is one trip to the mechanic will be an arm and a leg.

Hope it all works out for you.

:cheers:

it's probably gonna be "if it seems to good to be true..."

If it's the one listed in PA, which according to the VIN it is, something seems fishy about it. $5k + under book for retail. Not sure what your situation is, but I think if your that close to paying yours off, I'd work with the bank to refi or something till you get stable again. One thing to consider on that Audi, is one trip to the mechanic will be an arm and a leg.

Hope it all works out for you.

Meh, I know Audi's are expensive to maintain, but it's more about how often you have to swallow a large repair bill. That being said, Audi's are pretty often. My current car is German and can be expensive to maintain/repair, but, knock on wood, has required minimal unscheduled maintenance so far, and the simple fact is I love it to death. I just spent the past 30mins researching Audi's reliability issues again, and it ain't pretty on the early 2000s A4s. I acutally would be worse off right now if I got hit with an unexpected large bill as opposed to my current payment for the next 16mos. I guess what makes me keep considering an A4 is that we owned an 01-02 Passat w/1.8T and had zero problems for 4yrs/44k miles. Blast to drive and great mileage. Add in the Quattro of an A4 and cheap (relatively) chip and performance upgrades, it becomes very enticing. But I suppose we got rid of the Passat before typical problems kicked in. This A4 only has 65k on it. Oh well, I know I'll be happier in the long run if I can keep my car anyway. :chillin:

Yeh, I was going to say that Audi was basically a VW with another name on it. I agree with you on the 1.8T. Had the 03 jetta wolfsburg edition and it was without a doubt the quickest car I've ever owned and hella fun to drive. Had it a year and traded for an SUV. :shake:

You pretty much hit on the point I tried to lay out. You may be better off in the short with the Audi but if somthing happen that you couldn't manage yourself, you could be stuck. At least if you can manage to keep yours, you know the history and what to expect from it. Good Luck.