Anyone running a NV3550

When I stripped the XJ I had built for my ex, I decided to feed it to my MJ. I swapped the motor, tranny and T/C over plus so much more. Since the XJ was mostly for trail use I hacked the floor up pretty good and used YJ parts to make the T/C linkage work with the NV3550. Now that I ripped the BA10 out on the MJ and swapped the 3550 in I can't find a good way to hook up the linkage. This is one of my daily drivers, live in Alaska now and almost always have my son with me, I don't want to make a mess of the floor boards. Needless to say I'm rolling without 4wd but at least it doesn't pop out of gear anymore!

Is anyone running one in their Comanche or seen someone that is, that has good Np231 linkage or brackets?

I haven't personally seen one, but i would love to own one. 00-01 was the only year right? anyways there was one on E-B** not to long ago maybe if its still there you could try and email the guy and get him some to snap you some pictures.

I was looking at that last night too, but with the NV3550, I am not so sure It will work out do to space and its size. Has anyone ever seen one of the XJ's with the NV3550 stock?

It will work. I've seen someone running the NV3550 in a Renix era XJ with the Novak shift linkage.

I was board last night and was messing around with it. Found out even though the NV3550 is longer, you can rotate the shifter cap around to point backwards, thus putting the shift handle dead on. This let me move everything else back in the stock place and gave the T/C shifter full range again. As mush as I like the Novak setup thats a lot of coin plus almost half its price just to get it to my door. So I'll weld up something for now, try to get some pics when I do. In the mean time let me know if you guys run buy anything to do with the Swap and the linkage.

I connected my NV3550 without the linkage.

I never really got past the 'temporary mock up' stage (since there's still a ton of other work left to do on this MJ),

but it has worked fine like this since I did it.

Of course this flips the shifter the opposite way

I used a D300 shifter handle to give it a different look.

There's a thread on here somewhere where someone else did the same thing, and I added my pics to that one two. (tho search is down :dunno: )

I was looking at that last night too, but with the NV3550, I am not so sure It will work out do to space and its size. Has anyone ever seen one of the XJ's with the NV3550 stock?

I have a 2000 XJ with the NVG3550. What do you want to know, exactly? Whether the under-floor linkage is the same as for the BA/10-5 and AX-15?

I hope you can wait a couple/few days. It's POURING rain out there and I don't have access to a garage with a lift, so this weekend does not look good for pix. If I see anything promising in the FSM for the 2000 I'll try to get a photo of the page and post that.