flywheel bolts

The starter will work just fine. Auto FW bolts will usually be shorter than stanard FW bolts but not always.If you have the bolts from both then compare them. Anyway flywheel bolts stretch when torqued properly and should be replaced.

Well I use a Haynes manual, they're usually pretty good in my opinion and they always give good tips and tricks just to make it easier.

but anyways the torque for the flywheel/ driveplate bolts are 105ft-lbs

hope that helps

MT flywheel bolts are longer than AT flexplate bolts....beender, donedat.....I reused an old set I had with an extra 10 lb/ft of torque and plenty of red locktite. So far, so good.

Jeff

MT flywheel bolts are longer than AT flexplate bolts....beender, donedat.....I reused an old set I had with an extra 10 lb/ft of torque and plenty of red locktite. So far, so good.

Jeff

How did you hold the crank while tighting the bolts down? :popcorn:

similar......I used a large prybar with an angled head. Put the tip into one of the teeth on the flywheel, reinstalled one of the side bellhousing bolts and wedged the bar.

Jeff

they are not a regular hex head bolt.......Advance Auto has them (maybe not in stock but can PDQ them in a day or so):

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... -with-9-10"-(22-86-mm)-Length-and-19-100-(4-83-mm)-Head-Dorman_22142711-P_N3352A_P|GRP2060____

edit: I can't get the page link to copy correctly.......go to AA website and search for "flywheel" they will come up listed. Dorman part #14052

ok well i got that bushing for a cj since they changed the crank end size or something but the end of the tranny won't fit inside the bushing so i guess its the wrong one and what is the trick to get that bushing out