Avro Arrow

SomeNew Name

the hornet is a phenominal aircraft, but it's tasked with too many missions. In an effort to cut costs the Navy designed a jack of all trades. It does a number of things well, but none of them great.

The A6 carried more bombs, and the f14 was a better dogfighter.

My fav has to be the A10. :bowdown: It just sounds incredible when it lets the gun loose. Every time i hear it i get chills. Plus they seem to move around with ease. And the greatest of all is its not LOUD. After being stationed At a base with F16s so long they start getting aggrivating cause when they launch its so loud you can't talk and when I'm teaching chemical warfare they seem to launch more then ever And i have to stop until they are done.

Cole

My fav has to be the A10. :bowdown: It just sounds incredible when it lets the gun loose. Every time i hear it i get chills. Plus they seem to move around with ease. And the greatest of all is its not LOUD. After being stationed At a base with F16s so long they start getting aggrivating cause when they launch its so loud you can't talk and when I'm teaching chemical warfare they seem to launch more then ever And i have to stop until they are done.

Cole

Yup ever since I was a kid I thought the Warthog was the baddest looking aircraft. And I have heard they can take a really good a$$ whippin' and still bring ya home in one piece.

Cole

Yup ever since I was a kid I thought the Warthog was the baddest looking aircraft. And I have heard they can take a really good a$$ whippin' and still bring ya home in one piece.

Yeah i have seen pics of some after battle and the thing looked like swiss cheese in some areas. Also seen one with part of the fusaloge(spelling???) ripped off and also part of the right hand motor gone but he fought for 2 more hours and still landed with no harm. :eek:

Cole

A-10 Thunderbolt II (Warthogs) are the jeeps of the aircraft world. Ugly and slow they can still take out a mountain range on a single tank of gas.

My favorite airplane is still the P-38. Jets are cool, but a properly modified Lightning can out accelerate and out climb an F18 Super Hornet.

.... if you have a couple of million burning a hole in your pocket to do so.