63 inch Chevy leafs on an MJ

Any body done this or heard of it. I working on an 8.8 SOA on my MJ. I know axle wrap can be a problem with SOAs. I started fabbing up some brackets for a traction bar but have concerns about too much antisquat caused by the traction bar, especially since I'm not running a bed making the rear light. I know alot of the Yota guys like the chevy leafs, just wondering if they will offer less wrap?

It looks the be an easy swap from my measurements. Looks like I can just basically move the front spring mounts foward , allow the axle to move foward 1 inch, the distance my driveshaft is short from the axle swap. It looks like by doing this rear spring mount will be perfect where it is. Anybody have any thought on this?

Sounds like a lot of work to fix a problem that hasn't even proven to be a problem yet. :( I kept my overload leaf and added a second main leaf to the pack (with the eyes cut off of course) and have had no issues with springwrap. Try running what you've got and then make changes if you have problems. Since it's probably thicker, maybe you could add the main Chevy leaf to the pack (with the eys cut off)? In my opinion the MJs leaf packs are the best ones ever invented. Seems a shame to drop to a lesser pack. Do you know why the Toys are using Chevy leafs?

Jeep on!

--Pete

I think you may be right, sometimes getting too much information from reading old forum posts makes you lose direction. I was always impressed with my old Comache's rear suspension compared to my XJ rear, but it was never locked up and wheeled as hard as plan to wheel this one. I think I'll just finish up the axle swap, I've got plenty of other areas that needs work. Probably use the track bar stuff on my XJ, it needs it bad. The Yota guys use the chevy's for better flex and less wrap and cheap lift from what I gather, that why I was thinking about them.

Not sure that the Yota springs are actually bad , but they're shorter and sprung over making it hard to get lift from them. On my last wheeling trip I met three Yota trucks (they were not wheeling together) and all three had the chevy's and all had nothing but good to say about them. I think what makes them work well, they're noticably thicker than most springs which would help wrap and they're long which would make up for the thickness so they still flex well.