1990 Dakota

jimoshel

I have a chance to get a '90 Dakota for $100. Unfortunately I know nothing about them. Haven't seen it in person yet, just pics and conversations with the owner. It's 2.5, 5spd manual, rust free and has a beautiful set of rims. How many of it's part will swap with MJ? I know the motor won't. I'm hoping the tranny is the AX15. And maybe the rear end and wheels will swap. Motor doesn't run. Jim

had a leaky front oil seal. Took it to a mechanic to get it fixed and he screwed the motor up so bad it won't even turn over. Guy owns the truck knows nothing about mechanics. Had it advertised for sell for best offer. I offered a $100 which apparently was the best. From the pics it looks good but won't know until I actually see it.

Trans would be a 5 speed NP2500 aka New Process A535.

I know nothing about this trans, maybe someone else will.

Rear axle will be a 7 1/4" or an 8 1/4" ring gears... not sure what the axles are called though or if they are 5 or 6 lug. The line drawings on alldata are showing them both ways.

Just buy it!

Off topic: Jim, are you awful big or is that horse small? Or is it just an optical illusion? :D

Both. I'm 6' even and the horse is an adopted Mustang pony from the Wild River herd in Wy. I'm training her for both saddle and cart and going to give her to my GF grand daughter.