Pictures of the Pink Lady, just for Geonovast

dunl

FYI those caddy 4.1 v6 blocks are somewhat in demand by the Buick Turbo crowd

fyi, THAT caddy 4.1 v6 block is somewhat in demand by YOURS TRULY. :D

Good eye. :cheers:

OK apparently I missed some back story care to fill us late arrivals in on your sinsiter plans?

I hate to say it, but I see the attraction to these highway cruisers....it is by far the most comfortable thing I have driven. Much more comfortable than my leather couch even. :chillin:

I've owned two of them , some of the coolest cars I have ever owned , Fast too . :rotf:

One was a 77 coupe and a rare black on black 78 .

Those motors are tanks . I believe they are 560 blocks bored to 429 , supper thick piston walls .

Careful though , they starve themselves even with a 500 cfm quadra-jet carb. :ack:

I fuel injected one of mine with a corvette EFI and computer .

Nice find , was it a Pimps Mary Kay car ?

This one is the Buick 4.1 V6 252cid. It was an alternative to the Buick V8-6-4 engine that was designed to save fuel by running on 8,6,or 4 cylinders as needed....great idea, 30 years or so too early to make it work.

I've been hunting for one. I found a Google cached view of an ad for this car for $350. I then posted an ad looking for that person who placed the ad, and someone emaled me his number the next night. It was a Mary Kay, given to a daughter, someone backed into the front, then parked, sold for a project, forgotten, then sold to me. 167,000kms or 103,000 miles. The odometer only shows five digits, and I doubt it is 67,000km or 43,000miles.

Do you have any idea on any desirable components to pull off of it? Like maybe the computer?

I knew it was a Mary Kay car ! :rotf:

Caddy's are hard to find in pink . My black on black Coupe De'ville was only special order for FBI and government use and Funeral homes .

Sorry I should have read the thread more , I thought it was an older V8 .

I could drive that around ironically for awhile.. :roll:

How much you get the whole car for? You just got it for the motor, right?

If the rest of it's ok, are you considering dropping in a different motor and resell?

Oh, and by the way, you're missing an 'o'.

I could drive that around ironically for awhile.. :roll:

How much you get the whole car for? You just got it for the motor, right?

If the rest of it's ok, are you considering dropping in a different motor and resell?

I did get it just for the engine. I haven't really thought about doing anything else to it, as I just need to get rid of it (no room here).

Oh, and by the way, you're missing an 'o'.

Whoops.... :doh:

Do you have any idea on any desirable components to pull off of it? Like maybe the computer?

You can't give folks a GM carb feedback system

What year is the car? What tranny and what carburetor?

Were you specifically looking for a 4.1 or did you simply snatch up the first buick v6 you could find?

[

You can't give folks a GM carb feedback system

Good to know

What year is the car? What tranny and what carburetor?

81 Deville 2dr. THM200-4R/200-4R tranny. No clue on the carb.

Were you specifically looking for a 4.1 or did you simply snatch up the first buick v6 you could find?

I've been looking for a 4.1 V6 for over a year.

I've owned two of them , some of the coolest cars I have ever owned , Fast too . :rotf:

One was a 77 coupe and a rare black on black 78 .

Those motors are tanks . I believe they are 560 blocks bored to 429 , supper thick piston walls .

Careful though , they starve themselves even with a 500 cfm quadra-jet carb. :ack:

I fuel injected one of mine with a corvette EFI and computer .

Well yeah if you pulled off the OE 800cfm carb and replaced it with the smallest v6 500cfm q-jet made

I'm wondering how you bore a 560 block to a smaller 429 an engine which came in a cadillac no later than 1967 BTW

500-472-425 and the ill fated 368 v864 were the displacements you'd see through the 70's and early 80's

Mary Kay becomes an organ donor

Bought it Saturday, had Valentine's day, and went out first thing yesterday morning.

Some pics:

There's a reason that bracket in the middle looks "raw"

ry%3D400

....Sawzall. My favorite tool yesterday.

ry%3D400

For on board air:

ry%3D400

Rad is out.

ry%3D400

Out they come:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

and away.....

ry%3D400

it goes:

ry%3D400