best place to buy carpet?

I don't know about quality, buy JCWHITNEY has the carpet as well as vinyl matt for our trucks...

CW

Whats your opinion on the carpet vs the vinyl matt? I would like the vinyl matt better but thought it will be easyer to tell if i'm taking on water with the carpet. Seems like the the vinyl hides water under it.

My DD has the vinyl mat, and I like it :D

Actually.....the water sits on top of the vinyl, and does not "wick" in the carpet. Plus it's easy to 'mop' up the water/melted snow with a sponge from the vinyl :brows:

Just my 2 cents :roll:

To me, in a truck like the MJ, bedlining the floor is the only way to go! These things leak water, so bedlining the floor, with proper preparation beforehand, will go a long way towards keeping rust off those floor pans. Carpet and vinyl won't be able to do that. Yes it might be a little louder inside the cab, but I think the tradeoff is well worth it.

To me, in a truck like the MJ, bedlining the floor is the only way to go! These things leak water, so bedlining the floor, with proper preparation beforehand, will go a long way towards keeping rust off those floor pans. Carpet and vinyl won't be able to do that. Yes it might be a little louder inside the cab, but I think the tradeoff is well worth it.

I herculined the inside of my cab. Mainly for the rust/water protection, like you said. It's nice because I can just hose things out when it gets really dirty, but it is a big increase in noise. And the amount of heat that comes in through the floor was really getting on my nerves last summer.

I was thinking about going to an marine upholstery shop and getting 3 pieces of carpet made - one semi-permanent piece for the tranny hump (since that's where most of the noise/heat comes from) and then 2 for the floor boards. Have the 3 pieces made where they have some insulation and heat shielding on the bottom, and then marine carpet on top, so they'd be durable and easy to clean up. Put snaps on the floor to hold them in place, so they'd be easily removable.

why not line it, then put vinyl down? rust proof, quieter, and a little comfort on long drives...

why not line it, then put vinyl down? rust proof, quieter, and a little comfort on long drives...

Thats what I plan to do. Clean up the small areas of surface rust, bed line it, and install the vinyl matt.