Might be selling my MJ

sinned96

A guy came buy and asked if I wanted to sell my Jeep. Wonder what I should ask for it? Any ideas?

It's a 1986 Jeep Comanche 2WD 2.5L Fuel Injected 5sp 110K miles. No AC. New clutch, brakes good interior except for a rip in the bench seat. I have a rear bumper for it. It has a couple of more dents than in the pics. Runs like a dream.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2039000

i would say you could get an easy 1500. i got 1200 for my 86 4x4 only after three days of sayin I'm selling it. if my 86 didnt have the really bad rear main oil leak i would have asked 2k just because there was NO rust at all on it. but if yours runs good and looks decent rust wise i would ask 1700 obo and see what he says.

Alex

It all depends on the amount of rust, but from where I come from, just by looking at the pics, I'd say its a $1000 truck (4wd, a 4.0L and Shortbed seem to be sought after). Its a nice ride, don't get me wrong, but remember its 20 years old.

Apparently, you have never seen a vehicle from New York, So your missing out on a lot, like alot of sheetmetal still clinging between the rusted out spots :teehee:

I think your right, if someone walked up to you and asked about selling it, and there not hanging around this board, then $1700 is a good number, and he talks you down, then you walk away with what you wanted.

Check this out first

http://jeep.autoextra.com/model/comanche

And you will see what dealers, and private are asking, and you might want to up it a little, close to home, no cross country trip to get a MJ, for the buyer.