So what am I doin wrong?

jimoshel

You have all seen some of my previous posts and sig. Good pics. You can see my current sig. Garbage. I can post a good pic and then do the very same thing a minute later and junk. I use PBucket. Also I tried to use the chat room. It says I'm signed in. Others have said they saw me enter. But there is no dialogue box where I can see what others are saying or where I can type in. I'm being prejudiced against. Gonna go eat a worm. Jim

The thing with photobucket is they give you too many links without really explaining it. If you hover over the thumbnail in your album and it gives you the 4 link options, you need to copy the "Direct link" one. That already has the tags, so just paste it in.

I found your PB account,

but your newest pic is: jimoshel/IM000144.jpg,

looks like you were trying to link: IM000151.JPG (still on your PC).

Once you upload it, copy the bottom link (IMG Code) listed next to the pic you want, in your Photobucket page.

Paste that code directly in your signature, and the pic should show up.

Sometime....you just need a friend to come on over and show you what you are doing wrong. I have had people on the phone, and I could NOT help them until I actually went there and saw what they did wrong.

I haven't done the chat room stuff myself,

but I bet if the OP is having trouble figuring it out, someone could walk him through posting a "screen capture" of what he's looking at, then one of you chat guru's could explain based on the picture.

FWIW, screen capture:

(on this machine) Fn + Ins = Prt Sc (print screen).

Then you open up a page in 'paint', right click "paste", and whatever was on your screen when you hit "print screen" shows up in the picture.

Screen Capture:

Image Not Found

The thing that really bugs me about this is that I'm not entirely computer illiterate. I went to puter maintenance schools courtesy USAF back in 1962. The computer was in a blockhouse occupying an entire city block 3 stories high. The power supply was in the basement,offices, maintenance was first floor storage (memory) was second floor and processing was third floor.After getting out in 65 I went to work as a tech rep to the AF teaching puter maint.I've worked at the missile test site,target site, at Kwajelien, M.I.. as a puter maint tech.I've seen the behometh monster shrink down to a IPod size with a hundred times the memory and speed. So darn it I get frustrated when I can't get something to work. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

This writeup was emailed to me a while back. might be of some help.

This will work for almost any picture on the Internet. First of all, you need to upload your pictures to the Internet. There are a variety of picture hosting sites out there. Shutterfly, Photobucket, etc.....a Google search will bring up many.

Once you have your picture uploaded and you are viewing it, you need to right-click on the picture and a menu will pop up.

Select "Properties" from the menu:

ry%3D400

Once in Properties, highlight the address and copy it:

ry%3D400

Now, you come to the forum, and click on the Image button:

ry%3D400

You will see the Image tags appear in the body of the message:

ry%3D400

Paste the address of the picture that you copied in between the tags:

ry%3D400

Click "Submit" and you are done:

ry%3D400

I've got a 3:07 Dana 35, High mileage, leaking oil seals, bent 6in out from the carrier housing, No backing plates, left axle missing, right axle bent same place as tube. Asking $500 OBO.

Quote for overnight shipping to 99802 please. ;)