Transmission mount...does this look "normal"? (pic)

Finally has a dry decent day and was crawling under the MJ to get all the front Roll Bar Bolts tightened down and glanced over at the T-case/Tranny mount. I've had a "clunk" that I haven't found the source of, so just wanted to see if this is what a normal, functioning transmission mount is "supposed" to look like (i'm not sure what the lighter color edge is, almost appeared like sheared metal, but ???

Maybe this is normal, but just looked goofy to me for some reason.

img54858003397.jpg

Is does on the AX-15 x-member because the mount sits in that recession.

I can get a pic of mine in my 4.0 MJ tomorrow to compare.

So mine look's "normal"?

negative. that mount is collapsing. order a new one specific to your transmission (and verify that your transmission is specific to that crossmember...that is an ax15 crossmember).

correy, that does NOT sit on the crossmember. that would defeat the purpose of the rubber mount.

Is does on the AX-15 x-member because the mount sits in that recession.

I can get a pic of mine in my 4.0 MJ tomorrow to compare.

So mine look's "normal"?

negative. that mount is collapsing. order a new one specific to your transmission (and verify that your transmission is specific to that crossmember...that is an ax15 crossmember).

correy, that does NOT sit on the crossmember. that would defeat the purpose of the rubber mount.

I hope it's an AX-15 Crossmember since I have an AX-15 Tranny...

Here are more pics...

img54890802544.jpg

img54880792729.jpg

img54870782783.jpg

img54860774360.jpg

No... you need an AX-15 mount. That's for the pukey.

I thought the "Exc. Peugeot" mean EXCLUDED? And the 1990/1991 list the Same Part # for the Manual Tranny mount (and it's the only mount they have listed for a Manual)

Maybe I'm wrong...or need to find someone other than RockAuto to find the part...

Wade

OK, any help with a part # or link or whatever to the tranny mount I need (AX15) would be greatly appreciated...

I don't mind paying extra for Poly actually...I see Daystar Sells a Poly mount listed for 84-01 Cherokee (excluding Pukey)

KJ01010BK

http://www.quadratec.com/products/76058_831.htm

would this work, or am better off finding a stock...

sw2

OK, any help with a part # or link or whatever to the tranny mount I need (AX15) would be greatly appreciated...

I don't mind paying extra for Poly actually...I see Daystar Sells a Poly mount listed for 84-01 Cherokee (excluding Pukey)

KJ01010BK

sw2

it is best to use poly+poly or stock+ stock when it comes to combining motor mounts and trans mounts. If you're going poly with the trans mount, use poly motor mounts.

I don't like poly...engine torsion is transferred directly through the unirails.

:dunno:

Look it up for a 90, that'll definitely be the one you need.

Same part # for 90/91/92...and 87/88, which makes be think they might not be selling the right thing

That is the correct tranny mount you need for your AX15 :yes:

Rockauto has it mixed up, and only lists that one mount..........because some tool ordered one before and it was for the AW4 or AX15, not for the BA 10.

Oh......and I got a refund on it :roll:

SW.......Your going to have the bottom of your truck steam cleaned and chemically treated before you change that mount out, so you don't get a smug on your white gloves.

:teehee:

KJ01010BK

sw2

That one looks like an AX-4/5 mount.

:dunno:

Look it up for a 90, that'll definitely be the one you need.

Same part # for 90/91/92...and 87/88, which makes be think they might not be selling the right thing

That is the correct tranny mount you need for your AX15 :yes:

Rockauto has it mixed up, and only lists that one mount..........because some tool ordered one before and it was for the AW4 or AX15, not for the BA 10.

Oh......and I got a refund on it :roll:

SW.......Your going to have the bottom of your truck steam cleaned and chemically treated before you change that mount out, so you don't get a smug on your white gloves.

:teehee:

Thanks Wildman, I think I'll just get the $20 one from RockAuto then...

BTW, there is some dirt under there, I'm pretty sure if I look hard enough!!! :rotf:

I know, I know...........the one that's about 3/4" shorter in height is the old one :yes:

(Do I win the pine tree air freshener?????)

Torque for the mount........just tighten until it's tight, and then give it another pull.....but, don't break it off :eek:

A little blue loc-tite would not hurt on the bolts either ;)

Oh, and what you were asking.........

It's in the '89 service manual supplement ( I knew that book would be handy )

Cross member to frame bolts - 30 ft-lbs.

transmission to rear support bolts/nuts 33 ft-lbs.