Fuse block (inside) with full inside harness

Almost new alternator (tested a-ok)

Misc bolts, nuts, connectors

Total outgo - $280

Got my eye on an 8.25 and

D30 w/4.10's.

Project cheep-o coming right along.

I don't know specifically.

I piled a bunch of stuff on the counter. Front header panel, gate, taillites, front skid, tank skid, misc. engine parts etc. The guy looked it over and said ..."how about $120 for the whole thing".

Whipped out my card, not asking any questions, and I was outta there.

I think he was asking if you wanted to sell it to him, and how much you'd want.. :shake:

Oh, sorry...but I need the gate for my own (project) rig. Otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up. I do have the original gate, a bit bashed up (but not too bad)...no charge...except shipping. If you want a photo, I can send you one. PM

Hey Don,

The '97 XJ has the "hook" style (like on most modern cars) on the end where you attach the wiper vs. the stud or "post" style of my '88. The end that attaches to the wiper post linkage is exactly the same.

Unfortunately the newer style sticks out from the windshield a bit further with the bosch icon wipers installed, so I don't think it would help with your hood clearance issue.

On a side note, I swapped out my linkage bushings per the writeup on here (thanks!) and with the new arms and blades they are still slow as molasses. Looks like a newer yard motor is on my list. :cheers:

Hey Don, Unfortunately the newer style sticks out from the windshield a bit further with the bosch icon wipers installed, so I don't think it would help with your hood clearance issue.

:cheers:

Crap, was hoping for a cure. Maybe Paul can come up with one - I'm out of ideas short of cutting the cowl back. :eek:

Hey Don, Unfortunately the newer style sticks out from the windshield a bit further with the bosch icon wipers installed, so I don't think it would help with your hood clearance issue.

Crap, was hoping for a cure. Maybe Paul can come up with one - I'm out of ideas short of cutting the cowl back. :eek:

Get a 6 inch cowl hood. :thumbsup:

j/k

I've not been able to put a lot of brain power to it yet or anything else to be honest. I did just have a small idea :idea: . I know we've talked about this before and it seems that we were focused on the ideas of moving the wiper or modding, etc.. What about trying to find a different hood hinge that would kick the back of the hood up some when lifted.

It's possible I guess Paul - but finding a loaded hinge that will mate w. the firewall and hood brackets and hood could be difficult. Might be easier to hinge the hood from the front. Long ago I saw a universal kit to convert a Jeep hood (among others) to open from the rear, but can not find now.

I have a complete set of Greenlee chassis punches w. the hydraulic ram (left over from my Navy days :D ) that could nibble out about a 3/8" semi-circle from the cowl lip overhang that would be plenty enough to clear the left post. It would hardly be noticeable, but I just have to built up the nads to give it a go. :eek:

It's just one of those annoying little things that kind of gnaw at ya...........

Mine do that now on my 91. :hmm: I'm just looking for a miracle cure to prevent my cowl hood from hitting the right wiper post when fully open. :???:

All I did when I put my cowl hood on was redrill the hole that the prop rod goes in so the hood doesn't open as far.