How to tell what tranny you have

I was just thinking, we need to have on here a post that tells how to tell what tranny you have. everyone is always asking and figured it would come in handy. i have searched several different ways and nothing is coming up that just states how to tell your tranny. here is a great page i use:

http://www.jeeptech.com/trans/

so just post the info in here if there is anything to add to that page. and i would say that Pete should sticky this maybe?

Alex

well i wasnt really using that site for the info. i use it for the pics. since alot of times people are just looking for way to tell what they have. because the pics on there are really good i think. i have not even read any of the info on there other then saying what trannies are what. if i want info i have other sites that i need to get the links to off my laptop.

Alex

It's really pretty simple. If you have an 86 with any engine, or an 87 or newer 4-cyl, the 4-speed is an AX-4 and the 5-speed is an AX-5.

For the 4.0L engine, 87 thru mid-89 is the Peugeot BA10/5, and mid-89 thru 92 is the AX-15.

If you have an '89, the BA10/5 case splits lengthwise along the vertical centerline, so look for a line of bolts along the centerline on the bottom holding the two halves together. The AX-15 has a front section, a short middle section, and a tail section.

Pete, umm, are you totally illiterate when it comes to web design or such?

I mean, I could help you out. I can't do fancy, but I can show you just how hardcore you can get with plain html...

And I'm more than willing to write content! Providing it's okay that I inject my umm, 'unique' personal opinons (okay, maybe not).

Pete, umm, are you totally illiterate when it comes to web design or such?

Yup. :dunce: I'm not even interested in doing the pages myself. All I want is for someone to show me how to use cPanel to make it possible for our members to do the individual pages. That's all. :cheers:

Interesting. :hmm: I've never noticed that I can save as "web page" (that's what my version of Word calls it). Pretty cool! :D

That's not my particular issue though. I'm having trouble actually making the page structure, meaning creating the address itself. Not once has anything I've tried been successful and out of frustration I keep putting it on the back burner. Maybe I should take another crack at it later this week.

Problem with using MS word to make HTML documents is it is REALLY stupid.

I can make you a page templait. It's fairly easy to write basic HTML, in that it is really no harder than BBC that you use in the forum.

But, it all depends on how pretty you want it.

And how the software you actually have works.

The home page came into existance automatically when I bought the space. The forums are a pre-packaged bundle that created itself when I uploaded them into the "forum" spot. So far everything I've done has been pretty straightforward and idiot proof (though I keep testing that particular aspect :D ).

Pete, wait am i hearing this correctly, your useing cPanel? my uncle tought me that stuff a few years ago. i have not used it since then when i needed it for the yearbook staff in high school a few years back. thats all he does for a livin is anything pc related for his stupid business. maybe ill ask him bout it next time i see him, but for now i might see if i remember how to do it.

Alex