What goes here?(Intake Manifold)

Since Ive bought my MJ its always idled rough, I thought at first clogged cat, then TBS, well I replaced the TBS, and havent worked with the cat yet, but as I was replacing the valve gasket I noticed this fitting didnt have anything on it, so turned on the MJ, put my finger over it and figured out its a vacuum, grabbed a random vacuum line and put it on the fitting and the truck idled a lot better, I put the random vacuum line I used back to where it goes, but now I still need to know, What goes here? Any help would be much appreciated, Also I will be leaving out of town tomorrow morning, and will not be back till sat, so if I don't reply immediatley I will in a few days

2h4jo10.jpg

18lmv5.jpg

10pybg4.jpg

Its too small to be the line from the brake booster, I already have another line that goes from a similiar fitting on the intake manifold to the valve cover, If its the line that goes to the vacuum ball in the bumper then I need to either make myself a line or look for it, can any one else confirm this?

It goes to your football( vac reservoir)...any parts store will have that size line in bulk. Be sure that the rest of the line is there that comes out of the football and into your HVAC and so on. I had mega leaks on the line you are missing and also on the output side going into the firewall.

I would suspect that your HVAC would not have worked correctly...you should only have defrost irragrdless of what setting was on your dash control...ie...floor, dash vents etc...it should have only blown air out the defrost as vacuum controls that flapper valve and that vac comes off of what would have been supplied off of that missing line. scott

Look near the charcoal canister on the right side of the engine by the firewall.There should be a plastic "Y" fitting within the immediate area. A hose goes from your open fitting on the intake man. to one leg of this "Y".The other leg of the "Y" goes under the dash for heater AC controls. The bottem of the "Y" goes to the storage canister behind the right hand bumper.