First MJ

Ive done a YJ and working on 2 TJ's now,so here's my first shot at a MJ.Have a 6" lift in it,not on it see pic lol.

From there I'm not sure which way I will go,its getting new paint ,refresh the interior and tires and wheels.....

Runs good its a 4.0 with a BA 10? 5spd,Dana 30 front ,Dana 35 rear. nothing special .It has 2" springs in the front now and air shocks in the rear.Here are a couple of pics .

Front end in and needing an alignment,rear almost complete,I need a few hours tomorrow,finish up the lift,bleed the brakes and very short test drive before it heads to the tire and alignment shop..Driveshaft looks iffy,might have to add some length,I hope to get a side pic tomorrow when its on the ground.

Thanks,Its an 88' ,Not sure where the wheels came from they were on the Jeep when I got it,If I were to bet they used to be white wagon wheels.

I was told a SYE wasnt needed on the MJ ,because it has a longer drive shaft ,Ive built TJ's and YJ's and I asked the same question before I began the lift.??So I will have an inch or so added to the shaft length.

I hope to have it off jack stands tomorrow.

Now I have to decide on tire size????

I have to work fast,I have 2 kids with TJ's ...

I'm not just building one I'm building 3...

My daughter has a 1997 TJ with 6" of lift and 36" IROK's and I'm helping my son with his 2002 his has 3" and 33's ,its killin him that his sisters is bigger....so he has another lift ordered,Its never ends

• 3 weeks later...

New Goodyear Duratrac 33x12.50 15's with Canyons ,should have bought the wheel spacers when Rough Country had them on sale a couple of weeks ago,a little close in the rear and scrub on deep turns in the front.Having the alignment done tomorrow if it doesnt snow..Snow in Atlanta lol right..

New Goodyear Duratrac 33x12.50 15's with Canyons ,should have bought the wheel spacers when Rough Country had them on sale a couple of weeks ago,a little close in the rear and scrub on deep turns in the front.Having the alignment done tomorrow if it doesnt snow..Snow in Atlanta lol right..

try the wj lower control arms lots of guys have eliminated rubbing with those.

I'm kinda getting to the point where I can finally get it on the road,so I can begin getting the bugs worked out.

I took alot of photos during the prep and paint but can get them to load off my camera? Hope to get it worked out and will post.I also took a trip to Pull a Parts and got a ZJ swaybar,went right on no problems,Waiting on new adjustable ball joints to come in today so they can get the alignment done.Going to log some miles this weekend!!