I need some decent stock shackles

Pete M

I'm installing the rust free leafs I got from GA in my '90, but wasn't able to salvage the shackles with them. :( The old rusty shackles are trashed. Hoping to find someone that pulled their stockers for aftermarket.

willing to trade for comanche club swag. :clapping:

if noone else has a set, I have a set somewhere in the parts pile :ack: but they need new bushings......I pressed the old crudded up ones out, then media blasted them and painted them all pretty. Only to not be able to find a set of replacement bushings anywhere :dunce:

You can have 'em, just gotta find bushings for them....

Jeff

(edit -> you can find poly bushings all day long but not OEM rubber ones. I didn't want poly)

Don't have any XJ stuff.

XJ shackles can actually be detrimental on an MJ :(

You just have to put a limiting strap on them to keep them from inverting. I plan on doing this or I've got a couple of other ideas to prevent this as well. It's not all doom and gloom.

Oh, and when I'm out digging some other parts out tomorrow, I'll check the bushings on the MJ shackles I have. If they are good, I'll just send them to you for the price of a free membership to the CC Forum. :D

:cheers:

Don't have any XJ stuff.

XJ shackles can actually be detrimental on an MJ :(

I plan on putting the XJ shackles on my 2wd lowered MJ to get the back to sit a bit lower so I'm not to to worried about it. If I can find a set of free XJ shackles local i'll send you my MJ ones for shipping costs

Hey got a question. What u mean by using a limiting strap. And also id love to find a set of 2 inch shackles that fit an xj. I want to replace mine to get that extra inch i want. But i really poor. If i could find a pair cheap i wouldnt mind pulling the ones out of mine i think there i. Fair shape. Wouldnt realy know till they come out. Lol. Hope u find a good pair. Good luck captain!

Hey got a question. What u mean by using a limiting strap.

Basically, I can either use a strap to the axle to limit how far it can flex or, what I'm thinking, is maybe using a length of chain on the bolt going through the spring and shackle that will be bolted or welded behind the shackle onto the frame which, will still allow it to flex but, it will limit it's forward motion to prevent the shackle from inverting. Have also though of a rubber bump stop that would fit on the forward side of the shackle to limit it that way as well. So as I do whatever it is I'm thinking, I'll do a write up and post it in the DIY section. Although, my build is really a DD and really wouldn't need to worry about this but, better safe than sorry.

Oh, Pete, I forgot that I sold the good set of shackles I had. My other set will need the bushings replaced as well. :doh:

:cheers: