Anyone Mount/Dismount their own tires?

500 MJ

use a heavy vehicle, (or a cherokee/comanche with a heavy friend on the hood) and drive up on the tire, rocking back and forth around the edge of the rim.

any big fords or vehicle heavier than a jeep will pop the bead QUICK. my truck needs a heavy person on that corner to help pop it.

then use 2 prybars and get to it. 2 people can do a set in an hour. use lots of lube!

I have 33x12.50s mounted on 8" rims. It took a 26 foot box truck on a ramp with the edge of the ramp against the rim to pop the bead. Tried (in order) Cherokeem Comanche, ZJ, 16' box truck, and then scratched my head for a minute before getting the big truck. Bent the ramp from the weight :eek:

Still have no clue why that one was that hard. Cherokee or Comanche on the ramp has always been enough before.

I have 33x12.50s mounted on 8" rims. It took a 26 foot box truck on a ramp with the edge of the ramp against the rim to pop the bead. Tried (in order) Cherokeem Comanche, ZJ, 16' box truck, and then scratched my head for a minute before getting the big truck. Bent the ramp from the weight :eek:

Still have no clue why that one was that hard. Cherokee or Comanche on the ramp has always been enough before.

that seems excessive. I've never had much trouble with the hi-lift and the rear bumper of my MJ.

I agree with Pete, I have never had a problem with popping a bead with my hi-lift. I have done them up to 37" murders, I like the rocker rails right under the door best. Place the foot right next to the rim and jack away!! Sometimes you have to adjust a couple times, but it will go. (Be sure to pull the stem completely out first.)

Removing them form the rims is by far more difficult than mounting, but its entirely "doable". :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CW