Project "mud Slut 2" ( 92 Mj Offroad Race Truck )

yep they are the ones I removed from the front. I have 4.5 Skyjackers in the front.
got the heep all painted, brakes are bled, now just need to get the motor back in and fab up some front shock mounts,then stick the 31`s on. first race is June 5 & 6 in Truro, can`t wait !!

284225_10150285247353120_6285481_n.jpg64981_447755173119_699561_n.jpg

Edited by johnnybebad

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep they are the ones I removed from the front. I have 4.5 Skyjackers in the front.

got the heep all painted, brakes are bled, now just need to get the motor back in and fab up some front shock mounts,then stick the 31`s on. first race is June 5 & 6 in Truro, can`t wait !!31406_398291223119_511328119_4041289_5059635_n.jpg

Looks great and all, but where is the comancheclub decal?

Rob L. :hmm:

the paint looks real good! and your 4 link i read threw this forum but can't remember was your 4 link a kit or did u fab it all yourself? and how is the flex on that 4 link cause i love blazin down rough roads which obviously you would be familar with cause of the racing but i also like tight technical trails n want a good soft suspension with good articulation for that too would u recomend a 4 link?...but I'm also on a budget since I'm a 19 y/o in college ha

i built the 4 link all from scrap. the axle end is fitted with 3/4 heims and the frame end is a pair of stock XJ front control arms cut in half to use the bushing. it flexes like crazy, as far as your shocks will let it. the ones I am running this year have 10 inches of travel, which is plenty for what I do, but next year I think I may run coilovers.

• 2 weeks later...

got the heep all painted, brakes are bled, now just need to get the motor back in and fab up some front shock mounts,then stick the 31`s on. first race is June 5 & 6 in Truro, can`t wait !!31406_398291223119_511328119_4041289_5059635_n.jpg

looks excellent !! good luck and let us know how u do. love the treatment of those rocker panels btw.

• 2 weeks later...

missed the first race, lost my brakes after having them bled for over a month with no problems !! first the diaphram in the booster let go, then the caliper started leaking past the piston !! got the aw4 all wired up in place of the ax-15 , hoping to try it out thursday night, next race is this coming sunday !!! stay tuned for details lol

Hey there fello N.S'r , truck looks good sorry to hear you missed the first race been there ! some say technical diffucuties , Me chemical imbalance ! lol ! I'll be watchin and ruttin for ya this weekend ! GOOD LUCK keep'r rubber side down ! :Canadaflag: jamminz.gif :cheers:

Thanks thought i had pictures on here maybe i didn't do it right , Stoped and took a good look at your truck today that,s quite the transformation you've done to it !! looked like it was settl'n down nice on the track ! Nice job on it looks better in person ! If ya wanna shoot me an e-mail i took a few pictures of it today i'll clean'm up on the computer and shoot ya back'm when i gett'm fix'd up ! ! "O' sence i'm here were am i goin wrong with my pics any idea ? Till next time keeep'r rubbers down ! :clapping: "o" yeah now of anyone lookin for dana 30"s & 35"s ? 4:10's , posi rear , complete new brakes front and rear . Lat"r

thanks !! email is j_bebad@hotmail.com, i`d like to see a few pics !!

got the truck done the night before the race, never even tried it out, just threw it on the trailer and hoped for the best !! she performed pretty well for a stock 4 litre, didn`t have time to get the stroker built, and the ride is amazing. those edelbrock shocks made a world of difference !! think i finished 4th in my class , not bad for it`s first run !!! check out the air on the second vid lol

AAAAHHH , Just watched the vid remember seeing tha air ! funny part is i traveled up from Yarmouth with my uncle and we we're siitin beside whome ever it was that took the video didn't realize they were your fans ! I'll get you some pictures as soon as i can , Monday prob this puters to slow !1 till next time ! :Canadaflag: jamminz.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks ! lol the funny thing is it`s all built out of junk, scrap metal. the only thing I bought was the tubing for the interior cage, everything else was free, just had to fab it up. the 4 link rear is holding on good, want to go with King shocks on the front and rear next season if funds allow

the 4.slow lost compression so it had to go , the only complete motor I had was from a junked 95 with 380,000 Km`s on it, but has awesome compression . I later found out that the original motor with 140K also had an out of round crank ! 

61236_445255488119_7657669_n.jpg65383_447754973119_934398_n.jpg

Edited by johnnybebad

Nice work man!

thanks !!

i built this thing on a $1000 budget, it has a refdigerator door for a floor lol, weight lifting bench,bed frames,old used water pipes, and even a few pieces off of herring cutting machines in it. the cage is all new pipe, the rest is used stuff i had laying around. hoing next year I can throw some $$$ at it for a 4.8 stroker and coilovers all around !

here's a pic after i raced it, minus the hood scoop that came off and almost decapitated me during the race lol....

72488_450115818119_5901563_n.jpg   

And here is my $300 winter beater. it was flat black with red spots and rust holes when I got it lol, 88 MJ 2.5 5 speed 2wd . I went with a familiar paint scheme and since the race truck had street tires, i just swapped em lol

148527_470110188119_8362239_n.jpg

Edited by johnnybebad