It's a what?

mfpdm

Saw this on craigslist today.

1996 jeep comanche x 2.1l turbo diesel new wife wants 4x4 that the family can all fit in 8500 OBO would maybe trade for 2500 suburban 4x4

3nb3m03pf5Od5T05Q49ar04fe3ad8e9281326.jpg

I'm guessing that this is a typo. That's an 86 Comanche X. Well at least according to the badges. :dunno:

Here's the link to it. http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1441029745.html

Would be nice to have and if indeed the engine is new. Price is fair but a little too rich for my blood. I'm in the under a $1000 club. :yes:

I guess the old wife was ok with it...

$8500? :nuts:

You know, I didn't see it like that. You may be right. I was thinking he meant a new diesel.

Anyhow, the price, if it is rust free with a good paint job and new motor, great interior, and so on, it would be close to that if you had to do it yourself. I also think of these as #3 in the rare catagory. 1. ThunderChief 2. The 100 Street MJs 3. The Diesels.

:cheers:

Anyhow, the price, if it is rust free with a good paint job and new motor, great interior, and so on, it would be close to that if you had to do it yourself. I also think of these as #3 in the rare catagory. 1. ThunderChief 2. The 100 Street MJs 3. The Diesels.

Agree Paul. But it stated $8500 OBO. I suspect he'll settle for mucho less. I lived in Gloucester for many years and wish I were close enough now to eyeball it. This is one MJ that will only increase in value, especially in the US. It beats playing the stock market nowadays. :cheers:

that's an accurate price. had an offer 2 years ago for my dad's rusted out 86 MJ X diesel (comanche x is accurate btw) for $3500 and like I said...it's RUSTY with 260k and has some motor issues.

BTW, an MJ diesel would be #2 in rarity if you go by how many are in the states...by my last count, I have only been able to locate 23 in the states. there were 100 street MJ's (all in the states) and 1 thunder chief (again, only in the states).

Saw this on craigslist today.

1996 jeep comanche x 2.1l turbo diesel new wife wants 4x4 that the family can all fit in 8500 OBO would maybe trade for 2500 suburban 4x4

3nb3m03pf5Od5T05Q49ar04fe3ad8e9281326.jpg

I'm guessing that this is a typo. That's an 86 Comanche X. Well at least according to the badges. :dunno:

Here's the link to it. http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1441029745.html

Would be nice to have and if indeed the engine is new. Price is fair but a little too rich for my blood. I'm in the under a $1000 club. :yes:

that's not that far from you, soooooooo, when are you going to see it?

that's not that far from you, soooooooo, when are you going to see it?

I don't need any temptations in my life right now. :no: I was about to call tonight just to get the info to post with this thread but was affraid he would tell me that he'd let it go for some really low price or that the 8 in 8500 was really suppose to be a dollar sign or that he hit one too many 0's.

If someone on here was really interested and had actually spoke with him, I'd be willing to go and check it out for them for a little gas money. I'm close but not that close. An hour to an hour and a half depending on traffic.