inline filler neck on a renix coolant system

Anyone on here use a inline filler neck on the top radiator hose to do away with the closed system? I would just switch to a newer radiator but the p/o had just put a new one in. I hate that mess of hoses and that plastic tank. I had found a link on the net a while back but can't find it now where a guy did one on a xj. I just need a newer style heater control valve with it right?

I remeber that article on that net. Basically it used a filler neck from jegs or summit. Personally I would just do the open radiator swap. I found a brand new in the box radiator on craigs list, and I did the swap. I bypassed all those hoses going in and out the heater box, and ran my hoses straight from the thermostat housing area to the box. One line is 3/4 and the other is 5/8.

The so-called "open" system doesn't cool any better than the closed system. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Agree, my 89 4.0 with a closed system runs steady at the thermostat temp - 190. Its all original and cools much more efficiently than my old 96 XJ 4.0 auto which would nearly overheat in summer traffic, I was scared to drive it in the city. But the 89 runs steady in summer traffic or down the highway. The temp guage never moves. Its not a difficult system to manage, except that I've had to burp it a couple of times. I just loosed the hose clamp a bit, then squeezed down on the hose until I thought I had all the air out. Both systems are probably fine as long as they're in good shape and the radiator flows well. I think an auto tranny and the a/c on full blast in stop and go traffic will make any vehicle a little warm.