Line - X?

My main issue with any beadliner is the same I have with powdercoating- once rust gets under it, it spreads without you knowing it until it has done incredible damage to the metal.

I have seen this happen numerous times, and it isn't pretty when you're welding a patch panel in, and the liner material keeps catching fire no matter how far you try to grind it back away from the repair. (that is pretty messy, as well)

Now, this is usually in an instance where the floor of a rig is coated, but I have seen this in truck beds, as well. The difference is that most trucks are lined while they are new, and the isn't any corrosion already starting like there is in a 15 year old rig. (even though you may not see it, there is a better than even chance it has started)

Cooter has a point. I've seen rust under bedliner before! I'd say if you're going to do it, strip it down and etch it first.

I stripped almost my whole truck (I got lazy, I beat the thing anyways, so it was kidna pointless) and I was suprised how much rust there was that was entirely unnoticable otherwise.

And another lesson in bedline, spend the money on the good stuff (linex, rhino, etc) the first time - don't even ask me how I 'learned' this one.