Thanks, Wildman

KYMJ

Update on my need for an intake tube. My Comanche has from time to time had the stumbles, hesitations. Nothing serious that a cleaning of sensors and TB wouldn't take care of. My fuel pump let go a couple of weeks ago, all I could get was the cheapie, so I bought it and put it in. I needed my truck, JEEP pumps are on a long back order and they've gone WAY up on price. Looks like the pump I took out was the original w/195k miles. The "sock" had maybe 2 or 3 pinholes that would let light through, so it was time. So after replacing the pump, my truck ran better than it ever has....until a week ago. It began having serious drivability issues. My first check revealed a cracked intake tube, a serious crack. I taped it up and started looking for one. Wildman came through for me, and the one he sent is actually flexible rubber,lol :yes: . I just got around to replacing it yesterday with my truck running really crappy. So, I start looking at grounds, testing sensors, checking for vacuum leaks, etc. Take off the old intake tube and find another serious crack on the bottom. Find no other reason for the crappy running. Put new tube on, runs perfect. So chalk up another check for stumbling and hesitations. Been told a million times to check the simple things first, but never would have suspected that. Many thanks to Comanche Club, Wildman, Pete M.

It wouldn't, unless he converted to MAF for fuel injection instead of speed/ density. Or if there is a massive exhaust leak at the manifold and it was pulling in exhaust gasses. I'm guessing that something got fixed coincidentally when the snorkle was changed.

It wouldn't, unless he converted to MAF for fuel injection instead of speed/ density. Or if there is a massive exhaust leak at the manifold and it was pulling in exhaust gasses. I'm guessing that something got fixed coincidentally when the snorkle was changed.

Huh? I'm claiming that it did fix it, but have no reason why. I found nothing to fix in my checks prior to installing the tube. It has a new exhaust manifold.

From his description of the problem, I would guess that while changing the air tube, he sealed off a vacuum leak...

Thats the only thing I can assume also, it acted like a big vacuum leak. Still doesn't sound right, the leak was before the TB. Apparently it has an effect on the system some how. I found no other vacuum leaks, as I replaced all the lines on both my Comanches, as soon as I bought them. But, as I said, mine is running like a top now, so I'm happy. :cheers: