Leaky Fuse Box... now hood seal question

I'm attempting to plug up a leak between the bulkhead connector and the fuse box. When it rains heavily I get water inside the cab. I've tried silicone and tried making my own gasket and neither have worked. The stock gasket rotted off due to a leaky clutch master cylinder, which has been fixed. I must be missing something. Any tips?

So I ran water over the hood while it was closed. When I opened the hood I saw that the back of the engine, the bulkhead connector and the passenger side (I think the blower motor is over there) were covered in water. This isn't normal right? Seems like the rear seal on the hood isn't doing much to keep water out.

As far as the baby powder trick, where did you put it, Pete? On the firewall?

I tried putting silicone in the hood seal and it still leaks pretty bad. I'm guessing I need a new one. I checked my 2000 XJ and it looks to be a different material. Anyone have any experience with replacing this?

Does anyone have a pic of this gasket? Is it the one at the back of the hood on the cowl??? Mine is dry rotted, no leaks in the cab yet, but maybe soon...

If you have a u-pull yard near you, you should be able to find a servicable seal for your bulkhead connector from an XJ.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. So I found a new gasket for the fuse box and it still leaked. So I dug around and finally found that there was water where the hood release cable goes into the firewall (sorry Jim you were right :doh:). Plugged that up and it STILL leaked. I found another place where it's coming in and that's where the clutch master cylinder is. Right now that's where I am stuck, but at least I'm getting somewhere. Is there a gasket in there somewhere and am I gonna have to unbolt it from the firewall?